Monday 13 July 2020

Day 117 - Wrong

I got it all wrong this morning, starting by trying to go to sleep at gone 1am!  Then on my run I was giving myself a hard time for struggling so much and being in pain but when I got home I realised that actually I had gone at quite a quick pace which was probably why I found it a bit more difficult.  Plus my shoulders were up by my ears and I had a groggy headache, so actually I did quite well considering.


I went out a bit later than normal thinking I would still have time to get back to feed everyone and do JW at 9 but turns out I managed to waste some time and was then behind.  Then I thought it would be a great idea to print off their school stuff, which I hadn't even looked at yet, and try to get them to settle down and do it while I was doing the workout! Got it all so wrong and lesson learnt on that one, hopefully.

 
I'm debating getting my hair done.  I don't really know why I haven't already booked in.  Lots of people keep telling me to keep the silver as it looks nice but I'm not so sure and the ends definitely need chopping off as I'm starting to look like Worzel Gummidge.   I'm not in any rush but might be nice to have a bit of pamper time.


I had a long list of stuff to get done today and the clock seemed to be ticking round much faster than normal!


Once lunch was over I kicked the boys out to play and after receiving some disappointing news I decided to get out as needed to stay busy.  I had to go to the shops! 😳😱. It was a very strange experience, nice in some ways as it was so quiet but I felt like I had woke up in a different world looking at everyone in masks, visors, sanitation stations, one way systems, queueing, tons of perspex screens, the shelves not stocked properly and the shops just generally looking less sparkly and appealing.  Everyone tries to avoid you with lots of sorries, especially from me as I was daydreaming a lot and just standing in the way.  I did manage to get everything I was after eventually.  It took a lot longer than normal and everyone was wondering where I had been when I got home.


Of course they were all hungry so I immediately sorted out 4 different meals for them all and ran out to post some birthday cards.  I ended up driving to a few different boxes as they had already been collected but I eventually found one just as the nice postman was coming to collect it all. 😊😅

I look tired 😴

We had a family discussion tonight around the kitchen table about the excessive screen time, which includes gaming, watching Youtube and Netflix.  We are going to try and kick the boys off screens more often and just let them be bored.  It's going to be tough going and noisier and messier than it has been but hopefully they'll get out more, discover new things, not be so floppy and maybe their moods will improve too.  It will be a bit easier once summer holidays have started as I'm already making a list of things we can do.  Ellis and Leo are going to be the hardest I think, even though Oscar is probably the most addicted.  Oscar doesn't want to be in trouble though so he'll try his best to make the most of it.


Right I'm off to bed, might have another shower and read my book just to make myself extra sleepy.  Late night again, bum.


Just read the news, looks like wearing masks in shops will become mandatory.  What world are we living in! I mean these are crazy, crazy times and it all changed so suddenly, and the future is all so uncertain.  I try not to think about it too much but sometimes I just freak myself out! Probably not the best time of night to be doing it.  Too late. 😬😫

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails