Tuesday 21 July 2020

Day 125 - Medals

I'm way behind on the blog but that's okay, I'll catch up over the next few days.  Currently typing this one on Friday evening and I've made notes for the others I'm missing so I'll get there, eventually.


Back to Tuesday - I was up before everyone and Oscar didn't get up until 9:40am which is unheard of!  He said he didn't feel sick anymore and managed some breakfast which was great.  I was still planning on a quiet day for him though.


Had a FaceTime call with Mum who said she was going to come over in the afternoon and I said I needed to take some things to the post office so we could go out for a little walk which she liked the idea of.


Joe Wicks was a sweaty one but I enjoyed it.  He is doing his final live PE with Joe on Wednesday so rather than do my longer run I think I'll join in with that one.


I did some chores and tried to do a bit of blogging before Mum came over and we went out for our walk.


The boys got in the pool to cool off and I was surprised that Oscar had so much energy but I didn't want to stop him having fun with his brother.



In the evening I had a lovely chat with my Saskia and then snuggled on the sofa with Leo watching Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs which was lovely.  After I put him to bed I blogged for the evening.


Rob had to deliver some stuff to a friend so he took Ellis out on a really long bike ride and they were gone for 2 hours.  I don't think they struggled too much though and both came back happy.  Ellis is certainly getting lots of practice on his bike at the moment.  Just need to get Oscar and Leo to build up some stamina and we can go on some longer family bike rides.


On to the second day in Liverpool 2019 and it was medal match time.  We got to watch a couple of matches in the morning which had the best atmosphere and I plucked up the courage to go and speak to one of my favourite England netball players who was out injured and stood court side.  Her name is Beth Cobden and she plays WD.







Between sessions you have to leave the whole venue and come back in with your new tickets and new seats for the next game.  We had England V South Africa for the Bronze medal and then New Zealand V Australia for Silver/Gold.




This is me and Karen shouting at the manager to tell him we met his Mum and Dad 😂😂


Come on England!






Geva my idol

Player of the tournament and best GD in the world!


Jo Harten

Jade Clarke


Australia V New Zealand

I didn't manage to get the start of it but some men came out on to the stairs to do the Hakka before the game.  Always gives me goosebumps.



The boys and my brother Craig were all watching us from home and even managed to get a screen grab.  Good times.



After the matches we were buzzing! We grabbed a Wagammas and hit some bars before going back to the hotel bar.  It's fair to say we had a few too many and played board games in the lobby of the hotel for ages.  We had such a laugh.


Can't wait to get back to making memories like this again.  So much fun. 😂💕

I'm still very far behind and our travelling journey began on this day back in 2005.  We had a leavers party where we got the families together to do some bowling before going off on our travels.


























Celebrations Cakes - they make the best cakes!

We were both so excited but so scared at the same time.  Well I was, can't speak for Rob.  Looking back we made so many changes in a small amount of time.  We got married, sold our first house, decided to travel, moved back to Bristol, put all our stuff in storage, found a temporary home for our cat Misty, I quit my job which I was doing well in and thankfully Rob got a sabbatical for a year.  Only problem with that was that his job remained in Slough and we were now living in Bristol.  Something to sort out when we got back.

I can still remember the moment we decided to go travelling and I just assumed it was another one of those things you just say flippantly but they never happen.  Rob was in the bath, I was sitting on the stairs playing with the cat and we were sort of thinking about, what now?  We were married, had sold the house so that we could move back to Bristol from Reading but at the last moment decided we wanted to stay in Reading.  I said about using the money from the sell of the house to travel the world instead of just getting back on the property ladder.  Rob initially said we can't because of the cat and jobs etc, but it just kind of snowballed from there really.

So we are now a day away from leaving home to explore the world!  We had no set plan, just an outbound flight to Vancouver, Canada and we would just make it up as we went along.  We would try and save money as much as we could by buying cheap food and staying in hostels but we agreed to spend money on things that we wouldn't necessarily ever get to do again.

I will try and blog about our travels but it's very time consuming sorting photos and videos.  I also need to try and find Rob's diary entries for it, which would certainly help me get it done quicker.

Anyway off to bed now, still Friday evening and I'll try and get up-to-date tomorrow.

Hope you're all keeping safe and well in this very abnormal/new normal time xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails