Friday 3 July 2020

Day 107 - End Day

Leo's last day and I decided I was going to walk with him for the final time.




I dropped him off and tried to get one last picture but ended up with this. 😂


Social media was filled with first and last day of school pictures so here is ours. 💙


It's not been an easy journey for Leo and I know he has found it very hard at times.  I really hope that moving on to a new environment will be the making of him as he has so much to give. Praying his new school recognises that and is able to bring that out of him.  I just want him to have a positive experience where he feels respected, just as important as everyone else and supported. 🤞

I've strangely not felt anything about it all and been okay today.  I am just sad that he missed out on so many amazing memories, especially camp. 😢


Ellis set his alarm for 6am! I heard it go off and then thought he'd just end up doing what he usually does of snoozing every 5 minutes.  But I came downstairs at just gone 7am and he was sitting at the desk working. 😱  Thankfully he is now all caught up with his school work and has finished for the year! 👏👏  Year 9 in September, I literally can't believe it!


I went out for a jog in the rain.  I am definitely a rain runner and much prefer it over heat and cold.  I didn't do too badly even though my leg is still quite tender.   I must of rubbed it a bit too vigorously yesterday as I now have a massive bruise and I'm not sure which one hurts the most!  I just hope it's okay for tomorrows longer run or I'm going to be annoyed.


Ellis had to finish off a science experiment this morning and he got his brother involved which was nice.


Next up was home sports day!  Oscar and I went into the garden and measured out 8 metres.  He had to do a few different events.  It was hard to do the timer on my phone and take pictures/videos but I got a couple.  He had to do a 80 metre sprint, speed bounce, water race, ball bounce, long jump, egg and spoon and a 800 metre run which he didn't enjoy. 😊








In the afternoon me and Oscar went to the park where he got to play some football with some friends which was great for him as he really hasn't seen anyone properly for so long!  He had a great time and we were there for over an hour.


Leo had a fantastic last day.  They signed t-shirts and got an autograph book each and the PTA organised for an ice-cream van to come to the school.  Leo doesn't like it but he tried which was good.  He arrived home looking pale and tired, saying he was exhausted but wanted to go back out to the park to meet up with everyone so off he went.


Oscar ended up going to a friend's house for the afternoon and they fed him so I didn't see him for hours, Leo went to the park and got soaked, Ellis was hidden in his room gaming with friends and I went to a friend's house for a cuppa.  What a lovely afternoon we all had, apart. 😄


Yet again I feel like I've wasted my evening.  I like doing the blog but it really shouldn't take me as long as it does and I end up getting distracted and just scrolling through social media for ages.   Sometimes I play something on Netflix in the background but then I stop blogging to watch it for a bit.  I should just pick one thing and do it, then move on to the next.  I won't learn though.


No plans for the weekend that I know of.  Think the weather is supposed to be pretty poor which is a shame as the pubs are opening and it means more people will be going inside together rather than sitting spaced out, outdoors.  I hope people don't go nuts this weekend and end up putting us in a tighter lockdown again.  I think I'll wait for it all to calm down a bit before I think about booking to eat out anywhere.  Flopping about lazy day tomorrow then, well after a run, shower, breakfast, clearing up, washing, change our bed and write some to do lists 😂


Bucket list entries for today...

31.    Reconnect with an old friend
32.    Surprise someone with something nice
33.    Make a 3 course meal from scratch
34.    Donate blood
35.    Do a colour run with the boys

Highlights from today are,  Leo having a brilliant last day, Oscar having so much fun with friends, Ellis finally finishing his school work, a quiet afternoon and it's the weekend!


Hope everyone has a great weekend.  I won't be blogging until Sunday night, maybe Monday.  Bye for now x

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails