Monday 20 July 2020

Day 124 - Netball World Cup 2019

My baba Oscar is poorly and was up puking and pooing most of the night.  I didn't manage to catch up on any sleep and in fact ended up with even less but I have felt fine today other than a niggly headache.  


Blister was also fine on my run and I totally smashed 5k easily, but because I didn't have much sleep I went out a bit later than I normally would and it was hot!  I can actually say I enjoyed it this morning, which is weird. 😄


What was great was getting home doing breakfast, JW and shower and not having to worry about school work, although I did get Ellis to log on and do an hour of something school related.  Going to have to encourage him a bit though as he'll end up just doing 5 minutes and then Youtube for the rest of it. 😆


I don't even know where the day went! It just flew by.  Poorly Oscar just flopped about the house, going from his bedroom to the sofa and back again.  He didn't even want to do any gaming! 😱  It must be bad. 😓  Think it's going to take him a couple of days to recover so we'll be double stuck at home.


I asked Oscar if he could eat anything what would he like.  He said a McDonalds so off I popped, got all the way there and I'd forgotten my wallet, so back home I went and then out again.  Long queues, messed up order, having to wait for a refund, traffic on the way home, it took ages!  Ah, that must be where the day went! 😄

I managed 10 minutes in the garden with my book, which I didn't read and made some oaty banana bites which I scoffed.


I put Oscar to bed early and read his book to him, he was so zonked he didn't even fidget!  My boys haven't been poorly for so long and I've forgotten how much I don't like it. 😏  I hope he feels better tomorrow.  🤞


I actually watched some TV and chilled for a bit which was nice.  Oscar was in bed early and the other 2 were pretty good at going to bed at their new later times.  Leo is still a pain in the ass with getting ready for bed.  You send him for a shower, but he never quite makes it, then he "forgets" to wash his hair!


Bucket list...

92.  Do a nice surprise for someone without them knowing it was me
93. Pay it forward
94. Stomp on grapes to make wine
95. Leave a love padlock somewhere
96. Watch a sunrise

A year ago today me and Karen travelled to Liverpool to go and see the Netball World Cup.  Excited was an understatement!  Karen's husband dropped us off at the train station and we were soon sitting comfortably on our way.  The ticket guy came to check our tickets and Karen realised she knew him and they had a lovely catch up before we were promptly moved to First Class! Get IN!  The excitement went up a notch then.




We walked to our hotel, checked in, freshened up and then went to have a look around, before lining up to go in and see our first matches.  The atmosphere was amazing and I saw so many famous players, one of my favourite players (Stirling) actually brushed past me!  We saw the England team get in the mini buses to head for their game, we saw the tallest shooter, Claire Balding and just generally had an amazing time.




    





The netball and atmosphere were amazing! The result, not so good and England lost to NZ.  Bad times.  After the match we walked to a local pub and found a little corner to drown our sorrows.  We weren't drowning them for too long though and thoroughly enjoyed the pub.  We met a lovely older couple, who ended up being the parents of the manager of the England Netball girls!  We had a really nice chat with them and the next day we actually spoke to their son and he said that they had told him about us!  Claim to fame 😂













Such a great weekend, I'd love to do it all again, but with different results obviously. 😏😊

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails