Saturday 18 July 2020

Day 122 - Rob B Day

I was up nice and early and then didn't stop for hours!   I completed my 7 mile run, which was a hot and sticky one, showered and then sorted out breakfast for everyone.  Rob initially wanted to have breakfast in bed but I made him come downstairs, woke Ellis up, so that we could all sing happy birthday to him.



Then I did some chores and managed a quick FaceTime chat with my Saskia before getting everyone dressed and out the door to walk to the local pub for some grub. Clothes and shoes appear to be an issue and I need to look into that pretty soon.






We arrived on time, used the hand sanitiser and we were shown to our table in the corner.  The place was pretty empty and the staff were wearing masks.  We ordered some drinks and eventually ordered some food.  We didn't let the boys have screens and stupidly I'd forgotten to bring Uno or Dobble so I made up a couple of games and then we played "Who am I?".


Leo had a brilliant one and we couldn't guess it for ages, in fact I think we all gave up in the end.  It was Neil Armstrong.  His clues included, there are lots of them, they wear white suits and helmets, his name begins Nei and we still couldn't get it!  Amazing Leo πŸ’™  Leo guessed Daddy's Usain Bolt too, he was on a roll!

The food arrived after 45 minutes! I was really surprised that it took so long but luckily the boys were pretty occupied with our game so it wasn't too painful although we did have things to do in the afternoon and it was eating into that (pun intended).  It also meant we didn't have time for dessert, which after all this running, I was looking forward to. I'd done just over 22,000 steps during the day! I had a slice of banana birthday loaf instead. πŸ˜‹


The boys didn't really like their food and I gave up with it eventually and brought it home so Rob can maybe eat it later.  We then legged it as Oscar was late for his party.  First stop was the park for him to play football for an hour.  On arriving I knew that he would need some sun cream so I dropped him off and went back to get some.  He had a lovely play in the park and then it was back to Jaspers house for games in the garden.  He said he had the best day ever!  They played in the paddling pool, had water guns, water balloons, went on the trampoline, did a piΓ±ata, ate lots of party food, played darts, sang happy birthday and went home with a big bag of treats!  By the end of it he was feeling sick and tired but in a good way.







Didn't get home until gone 5 and I was feeling very drained.  Fed everyone and then just sat at my computer not really doing a lot.  


I had a couple of glasses of wine and watched a bit of Netflix while I decided what I actually wanted to do. πŸ˜‚


That's pretty much where I stayed until I started putting the boys to bed.  They are allowed slightly later bed times now but you still get the usual complaining and huffing and puffing about having to shower and go to bed.  I wonder what would happen if I just went to bed and left them to it? 🀷  Might try it as a bit of an experiment.  They would probably wake me up and tell me I've forgotten to put them to bed. πŸ˜‚


Once the kids were in bed, Rob and I sat down for a game of Scrabble.  This is our go to game that we both like doing and I was behind for nearly the whole game.  It was a tricky board at one point but when Rob decided to challenge my word WAVEY saying I needed to remove the E, the tables turned.  The E was worth 2 points and Rob had to miss his go, so after my next turn I wasn't behind by many.  Then he let me get a triple word score, but he was first to go out and I had to deduct my left over tiles.  You can probably guess that I won, by 2 points! If only he hadn't challenged it, he would have won. 😊 


Late night, going to sleep listening to the pouring down rain.  I wonder if we'll get some summer weather.  I know it's sunny at times but the wind is bloody freezing!  

No plans for tomorrow although I've told Leo I'll go through his clothes and I need to pick the food shop at 3:30pm.  I expect Rob will do some work and watch the Grand Prix and the boys will flop around on screens.  Will need to make a plan for getting them out on Monday.  I'm thinking bike ride if the weather is okay. 🀞

Bucket list...

80.  Roman Baths
81. Walk the Siq to Petra
82. Sail the Whitsundays
83. Visit Taj Mahal
84. See the Cherry Blossoms in Japan
85. Take a train through the Scottish Highlands - where I would love to see these...

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails