Thursday 9 July 2020

Day 112 & 113 - Garden

Managed my long run with not too much trouble and back at home we cracked on with school work and tried to finish before lunch as Lucy and Shauna were due over just after 1:30pm



I set Leo up for a teams meeting with his class but slowly realised after waiting a bit that I'd done it for the wrong day, oops.


I did a bit of house work, sorted out lunch and it wasn't long before Lucy and Shauna arrived.  It was so nice to see her as it's been so long!  Lucy brought Poppy with her too so after Shauna had finished doing her routine we all went for a little walk.  Such a normal feeling for a change.  Shauna got ice-cream headache at one point from eating her lollies so fast.  We did have a laugh about it and I felt a bit mean. 😊








I shoved Ellis out on his bike for an hour.  I told him where he had to cycle and he had to send me a picture of himself once he got there.  He ended up video calling me instead to prove that he had made it.  I really need to keep him moving!



Leo had his piano lesson and we arrived a bit early so messed around on Snapchat for a bit.





I managed to get to bed quite early without taking any electronics with me, hence no blogging, and tried to get to sleep before I was disturbed.  I didn't manage it but I listened to some mindfulness audios and tried to just relax which was nice.  Rob woke me up when he jumped into bed but I went straight back off.



Not sure why but today has felt really busy!  I was up early and out to do my 5k route which after doing 7 miles always seems easy.  It won't tomorrow morning though and yes leg still hurting a bit but it's fine.  When I left the house Oscar was still sound asleep. 😁


He was so excited about going to school but not excited enough to get ready early!  He wasn't late though.  On the way to school he said "I've been so excited about this for so long and I can't believe it's happening and it's here!"  Then once we could see his school he said "oooh it's my school!".  Bless him, I was so happy for him and he was beaming while lining up to go in.




Back at home I did the JW workout while Leo was chilling for a bit and then we sat together at the kitchen table to do his work.  I think he enjoyed having the one-to-one attention and did really well with his work.  Literacy is still a major problem, mainly confidence I think but also he just can't be bothered to do it.  I'm going to simplify it for him and see how we get on with that.


So excited! My garden furniture arrived.  It was quite tricky to get it all into the garden and the sofa had to be lifted over the wall.  Ellis helped and I love it!  Wish I could get rid of the broken shed thing as it would all fit a better but I can't so will just have to make do.  Nice weather coming so hopefully it will get lots of use in the coming weeks.


This does mean though that I need to sort the garage and shed out, which I should have done before the furniture arrived but you know how it is. 🤷


Rob had a really important work call this afternoon so I made sure the boys had made arrangements to be out for a while.  Leo went to the scooter park with Louie and Ellis met up with friends to play football and ride around on bikes.  What I didn't do was put the gardener off so while Rob was trying to concentrate he had a hedge trimmer and lawn mower going outside his window! 😬


I'm really looking forward to having less gloomy weather which will also mean I can get the huge amount of washing I have to do, out on the line!

After I picked Oscar up from school I popped to the Sainsbury's local to grab some milk and listened to Oscar excitedly tell me about his day.  He loved it! I'm so grateful that the school have organised it for them to go in.  I hope to see a difference in him over the next few days. 🤞

Bucket List...

46.    Go to Wimbledon Tennis Tournament
47.    Afternoon tea at the Ritz
48.    Visit Giants Causeway
49.    Go to the Lake District
50.    Edinburgh Castle

I don't feel like I've sat down today, or at least had 2 minutes of switch off time! Been disturbed a lot today and I don't feel like I've done one thing properly. It's the constant noise that drains me.  Looking forward to bed.  I really have turned into an old woman and I have the grey hair, bruises and aching body to prove it.


Highlights -  getting my garden furniture, gardener coming, Oscar being so happy to go to school, seeing Ellis and Leo being more active,  Leo actually doing some school work, lockdown easing a bit more and seeing Shauna, Lucy and Poppy. 🦮💛💜💕💙

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails