Wednesday 22 July 2020

Day 126 - Hay Making

Ah the last ever live PE with Joe session.  I tried to convince the boys to do it with me, we started it together, lets finish it together type of thing but none of them wanted to.  It was a reasonable work out and he got all emotional at the end.  He's done amazing to keep it going for so long and has raised loads of money for charity. πŸ’ͺ


I had a shower straight after and then managed to sit in the garden to read my book.  I was determined to finish it and luckily I was pretty much left in peace to do it.  It was an easy read and I enjoyed it.   I'm now moving on to Little Fires Everywhere so that I can then watch the TV programme. 


Ellis is doing really well with just getting up and doing his school work without me even asking him.  Today he did a PE lesson and so he went out on his bike for an hour which I'm happy for him to do but I have said he needs to do a different lesson every day to mix it up a bit, even Spanish which he hates doing.


The other two played in the pool for a bit and were talking and playing online with friends.  All a bit the same for them at the moment.  They do meet up with friends at the scooter park quite regularly and go on the trampoline too.  Need to try and mix it up when they are at home though.  Maybe get them to watch a film or something.  Board games are hard work with Leo as he doesn't have any staying power but Oscar loves them. πŸ€”


I got a call from Mum saying that they would be doing hay making at around 3pm.  I'd offered to help, along with Ellis as it's a lot of work and I know my sister with her new baby might not be able to do too much.  Basically it involves driving a truck and trailer to the field, loading it up with at least 40 bales of hay, taking it back down to the stables and then loading it all into storage.  It's hot, uncomfortable, dusty, physically hard and you get lots of injuries, well I do anyway. πŸ€•









It's so nice being up the field.  Lots of open space, loads of different animals, trees, flowers, views and a huge chunk of sky above your head which is usually filled with planes going into Bristol airport but it's nice and quiet right now.


Ellis was desperate to have a go on the quad bike and he is actually quite sensible with stuff like that so I was happy for him to do it.  Auntie Katie gave him some lessons and he was soon up and down to the fields loading up and helping us out.  One boy and his dog.  Frodo followed Ellis everywhere, and he loved every second. 🐢😍




We worked long, hard hours but it was fun too.  Ellis had a great time!  We kept going until it was all done and we finished literally as the sun disappeared.  On the way home Ellis could not stop talking as he was so tired and so happy.  I don't think he even took a breath! We got home, via McDonalds, by about 10:30pm.

We're bouncing along on a trailer!










πŸ’™

We both had a good long shower and cleared the hay out from everywhere!  On going to bed though I just couldn't sleep, even though I was exhausted!

Back to Liverpool 2019 and we had a whole day to explore the city.  First stop was obviously the hotel breakfast which is usually my favourite part of staying in a hotel.  When I stay at The Celtic Manor I have about 5 courses!  We then left our bags and went for a walk around followed by a tour on an open top bus.  We got off at one point to have a free glass of bubbles before continuing on to the final stop.  We then went around a few shops, got a little bit more food before walking to the train station to head home. πŸ˜”  I'm just going to dump all the remaining photos and videos here.

























    

Until the next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails