Sunday 5 July 2020

Day 108 & 109 - Flopping

A lovely weekend of not doing very much.  Weather has been pants anyway so it's worked out well.

I managed my long run Saturday morning, in the rain.  Very sluggish and I'm still in a little bit of pain but it wasn't too bad and I'm just pleased I got it done.

I had a shower and then plonked my bum on the sofa like the rest of them and barely moved.  Obviously I had to do all the meals and clearing up but pretty much I just binge watched stuff on Netflix, read my book a bit and tried at one point to have a nap.  It was a bit strange though as I was so sleepy but just couldn't drop off to sleep.  It might have something to do with the Grand Prix practice being on in the background. πŸ€”


Oscar has a serious case of the DOMS after playing with his friends in the park and doing sports day activities the day before.  We generally find it quite funny when someone is struggling with that sort of pain and Oscar did laugh eventually too.

Everyone had a late night.


Today I didn't exercise and got out of bed at 9am.  The problem with having a "rest" day is that I get restless legs.  I really just feel the need to do something, anything, even if it's just marching around the kitchen for a bit.

Mum and dad were supposed to be coming over for a cuppa but they were caught up with doing work up the yard so feeling restless and wanting to get the kids out I took them to the yard to see Nanny and Grandad instead.

It was a great idea.  I went for a long walk around the fields, the boys helped Grandad and got to play with 3 different dogs which they loved and I finally got to see my new nephew and had a baby fix.  I love babies. πŸ˜πŸ’•πŸ‘ΆπŸ’™








No Snapchat pictures, the ones in this entry are old and I enjoyed having a break from blogging.  This is just a quick one to note down what we did today.

I did have a lovely Zoom chat with the Mummy lot.  Haven't spoken to them for a couple of weeks so we had a bit more to talk about.  We're hoping we can catch up with the missing Mummy, Sarah, next week too.


It was a windy one today.  I want some nice weather back please so that I can get the boys out a bit easier. 🀞

Will do bucket list additions tomorrow as I'm off to Sleepville hopefully as early start.  I think I might do a long run in the morning and food shop needs collecting by 9am.  I have all 3 home now for a bit as Oscar won't be at school until Thursday.  I've told Leo he has a bit of school work to do tomorrow and you can imagine how he reacted to that!  Hopefully tomorrow will go well. 🀞

Highlights from the weekend are flopping about doing nothing, managing to watch some Netflix, seeing the boys playing with the dogs, meeting my new nephew, chatting with the Mummy Lot and blowing some cobwebs away. πŸ’š

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails