Sunday 24 February 2008

Zoo

Today we were off to the zoo. Daddy got up early with Mummy and I, and we all had breakfast together which was really nice.

Daddy made the sandwiches and Mummy got all my stuff ready and entertained me as much as possible.

I had the best nights sleep last night, I went from 7pm to 5:15am. Mummy was very pleased to say the least. I think it helped her to feel a bit better. I then after a quick feed went back to sleep until Daddy came in at 7:45am. That is probably the best night since October.

We packed up the car and I slept all the way to the zoo.

While in the car park, Mummy gave me a quick feed to top me up until lunch time.

We met up with everyone, that is the following:

Uncle Mark, Auntie Nicky, Megan and Elin.
Uncle Craig, Auntie Karen, Charley and her friend Clarice
Auntie Katie, Uncle Alex, Chloe and Kamron,
Nanny and Granddad Rennolds.

It was very hectic but really nice to see everyone all together.

We bought our tickets and entered the zoo.

I was carried in the sling by Daddy for a change which was really cool.



We didn't get very far into the zoo when the girls spotted a slide that they wanted to go on.









After that we had a family picture taken. It is a good one I think.



I was actually starting to feel a bit left out with regards to the photo taking so I managed to get in on the action with Daddy's special camera.





One of the first animals that I saw was a lioness. She was pacing up and down not looking very happy.



We looked at a few exhibits and everyone was behaving themselves, except for Uncle Craig who decided to climb up a post.





Everyone was starting to feel a bit cold so we went to the cafe to have a coffee. Daddy had tea and Mummy had some water. I wanted to have some too.







Next stop was the aquarium. I have seen fish before at Nanny and Granddad George's house and Chloe and Kamron actually have their own fish tank.









We did a few more exhibits and I had a short nap and then it was time for lunch. Auntie Karen had put on an amazing spread and there was a chocolate birthday cake too.



One of my favourite exhibits was the monkeys. We saw loads of different types and they all looked like they were having fun. There was even a baby gorilla which was adorable. Not quite as adorable as me of course, but still pretty cute.

There was as poster showing all the different types of monkeys.



One of Mummy's long list of favourite animals is the penguins and sea lions. We spent a long time watching the sea lions swim around and we even got to see them swimming under the water.















Mummy and Auntie Karen decided to have some chocolate buttons that Nanny gave them. As soon as they ruffled the packet, they started to get dive bombed by a ton of birds. It was so funny, they had to dive into this little hut to escape.

This is a couple of pictures of Mummy and I watching the penguins.





Daddy's favourite animal of the day was the tapir. He said it did a smile like Nanny Rennolds but I'm not really sure what he means.



Look how cute we all are.





Another one of Mummy's favourite animals is the okapi.



After walking around for a little bit more, the weather seemed to get colder. Mummy wrapped me up just like when we were in Berlin and I think Nanny was a bit jealous.





I needed a feed by mid afternoon so Mummy, Nanny and I went back to the cafe to get a cuppa tea. Don't be silly, of course I didn't drink tea.

Everyone else stayed outside and got cold and wet. When we got back to them, they were all fed up and ready to go home.

We said our goodbyes in the zoo shop and went home.

As we arrived home, Mummy realised that my hat was missing. Oh dear, we will have to go and buy another one tomorrow.

I played for a little while and then it was time for some more solid food. It was squash which I love. I have never eaten so fast. Mummy had to shovel it in as fast as she could, and I opened my mouth really well for her too.

After my bath and a top up with milk, I was all cozy in my bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails