Friday 8 February 2008

Summary

Since getting back from Berlin we have pretty much just been trying to get back to normal. Mummy is still attempting to get on top of all the housework and washing, while making sure we still do all the things that we normally do. On top of that, I am now eating solids at lunchtime so that also has to be organised.

Due to all the work that Mummy is doing, she hasn't had too much spare time to type up the blog. I know she has been staying up late sorting out my food, ironing, line dancing etc so I am just going to do a summary of the week so far.

Tuesday - Jolly Babies. This week we went to the later class so that we could join Charlotte, Faith, Sharon, Sophie, Sally, Anna, Naomi and Iestyn. It felt very strange seeing our old class dancing away when we arrived, but it was nice to see all my friends.

In the afternoon we went to see the health visitor and she weighed and measured me. I am 19lb 3oz and 71cm long. That is big for my age.

When we got home, Mummy phoned Charlotte, and my buddy Faith came over to play.





In the evening Uncle Dave came over to take my picture and to also take a clay print of my hand and foot. It was really good fun but I was very tired by the time we had finished. So tired in fact that I barely ate anything and had to wake Mummy up early for some more food.


Wednesday morning I worked out a new trick. I can now pull my mat down over my face and play peek-a-boo all on my own.




We then went around to Sharon and Sophie's house for Mummies' Morning. Charlotte and Faith will no longer be coming to the Wednesday morning group as Charlotte has now returned to work. Boo.

I accidentally knocked the remote control off the sofa and it landed straight in Naomi's coffee. Sharon, if you read this, I am really sorry and I hope that the remote works okay.

We left quite early and went home for lunch. I had pear and baby rice and it went down really well. So well in fact, that Mummy tried to give me some Petit Filous after but I just kept wretching on that. Mummy laughed at me and then eventually gave up trying to make me sick.

Wednesday afternoon was spent with Auntie Lucy and Ashlee. We went for a lovely walk around the neighbourhood as the sun was out.

We quickly popped up to see Nanny and Granddad Rennolds as we had to drop off Granddad's Focus magazine. I had a nice time there but we were soon on our way home again.

At home, because I was 6 months old yesterday, we had a photo session. The results are as follows.






Wednesday night Mummy went to line dancing practice. She come home so happy that she could't go to sleep for ages. Unfortunately for her, once she did go to sleep, I woke her up again, twice.

Thursday morning I had some swinging time, which I love.










Nanny came over around lunchtime, just after I had polished off loads of squash,and I showed her how well I am sitting up now.





Mummy and Nanny were on the computer for a bit listening to music. Nanny looked funny with the headphones on.



We then went out shopping to ASDA. Mummy bought me some new bibs, some long sleeved vests, and a lunch box. Nanny bought me a new outfit and a big rubber bib thing.

We stopped off for a quick drink in the cafe and I was put in a highchair which was really good fun. Mummy gave me an organic rice cake and I had a good munch on that. I wasn't really sure what to do with the bits that came off in my mouth though, so I just spat them out.

We went our separate ways after that and at home, Mummy kept me occupied until Daddy got back from work.

I sat up to the table with Mummy and Daddy while they ate their dinner and I was even given a couple of bits of cheese. Again, I wasn't really sure what to do with it but I managed better this time.

I had my bath as normal and was fed and put to bed. Mummy then spent 2 and a half hours preparing some food for me. She did mango, potato, spinach, swede and carrots.

I got Mummy up 3 times in the night as I kept coughing and waking myself up. I think I had a bit of a stuffy nose too so that didn't help.

On Friday morning, Mummy and I hung around the house together just messing around.

Nanny Rennolds came over at lunchtime and fed me my apple. I didn't really fancy it that much today but Mummy didn't seem to mind. I did take some water from my cup, it isn't very nice though.

We then walked down to the local Italian restaurant and had lunch. Well, Mummy and Nanny had some as I had already had mine. It was really busy but good fun to watch everyone.




We walked back and I had a sleep. Next thing I know, I am in the car on my way to Twinkling Stars. This week, Nanny decided to join us. It was really nice to have her there and she managed to grab a few videos of us warming up.

We did the Kangaroo song which is my favourite and we played with the coloured scarves again.


Back at home, I went to bed after a feed and Mummy spent the time typing up all of what you have just read. Thanks Mummy.
I had a nice long nap and Mummy actually had to wake me up at around 5:30pm. She tried for a few minutes apparently but I just wouldn't wake up. I finally did, obviously and I played on my mat until Daddy came home from work.

It was all a mad rush in the evening as Mummy was going out to a line dance so she had to get ready while Daddy gave me my bath. I had a really good time playing in the bath with Daddy and I had a good feed before being put back into bed. I have a bit of a cold at the moment so I hope I don't wake Mummy up too much tonight.

We hope the amount of videos and pictures in this entry make up for the lack of any in the last one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails