Sunday 2 March 2008

Mummy Day

Swimming day again. The pool was freezing! We didn't stay in too long and when we got out, I was shaking. I think next week, we are going to try a different pool.

We went home for lunch but it wasn't long before I started to feel unwell. My ear and face became very hot and I just wasn't happy.

We went to Twinkling Stars in the afternoon but I just really wasn't enjoying it like I usually do. The gang were there and it was nice to see them but I couldn't wait to get back home again. It was raining when we left and Mummy had to run to the car. That was good fun and very unusual to see Mummy running.

I had a long nap in the afternoon but it didn't seem to make any difference to how I was feeling.

Daddy came home and I had a nice bath and was put to bed ontime.

Mummy and Daddy had a nice evening, playing games and watching telly but I woke up at midnight and then again at 3am. Mummy gave me some Calpol and I went back to sleep eventually.

Saturday morning we all went to Sainsburys to grab some bits. I sat in the trolley again and Daddy pushed me around. Mummy bumped into Naomi and had a quick chat before she filled up the trolley with loads of things for me, including a new book. Back at home I was given a rusk for the first time. I wasn't really sure what to do with it.



We then went out again. I wasn't feeling well still so I sat quietly in the car seat while Mummy and Daddy bought and ate lunch and went into Boots. Obviously I wasn't left in the car on my own, Daddy stayed with me. We went to see Nanny George at work. I had cuddles and tried to smile and clap for everyone but I was still struggling.

We then stopped off at Granddad Georges' house and I watched the fish, which I love doing. I also saw Uncle Dave's cat, Pebbles. For some reason Daddy calls her John.

The final stop of the day was to see Nanny and Granddad Rennolds. They had just arrived home as we got there. They had been out for lunch and a drive around the country.

I sat on the floor and played with loads of toys and Chloe and Kamron came over and played too.

Mummy tried to feed me some dinner but I just wasn't interested. She didn't try for long, and we left for home shortly after.

I had a bath but it didn't go very well. When Mummy took me out, I suddenly got very cold and started shaking. Mummy had to dress me very quick.

I was in bed by 7:30pm but like the night before I didn't stay asleep for too long. I was up a lot in the night. I was given Calpol and Calgel and put in my bed with just a vest on and no bedding. I was still really hot. I managed to go back to sleep.

I woke up early on Sunday. I was awake by about 7 but Daddy didn't come to get me until about 7:30am.

It was Mummy's Day today. Daddy and I had loads of things planned for her. First thing of course was to let her lie in bed as long as she wanted.

Daddy gave me my cereal and then Mummy topped me up with milk. It wasn't long before I went for a nap and Daddy spent an hour doing Mummy some pancakes. They were very yummy I heard. Daddy tought me a new trick and Mummy tried to video me doing it.



Daddy and I then wrote out Mummy's card which we took up to her in bed. She loved it. We really wanted to make our own card but the glue and instructions were missing from the pack we had bought. I went to sleep in the afternoon and Daddy put Mummy's present in bed with me so that when she came to get me when I woke up, she would find it.

The present was a mug that I helped to paint. We actually did reverse painting as Daddy called it because I held the mug and Daddy held the paintbrush. He then just held the paintbrush still and let me move the mug in and around it. I actually dropped the mug at one point but I think it turned out quite successful.



Mummy put me in a vest today that she bought when she was 17! Mummy has bought loads of stuff over the years and put it all in her "bottom drawer" ready for when she had a baby, me. This was the very first item that she purchased and this was the first time that I was big enough to wear it.







For our final thing for Mummy, we baked her a cake. Well Daddy did and as you can see, it didn't exactly turn out as planned.



Mummy bathed me while Daddy had a snooze, but we had the same thing happen again. I was so cold and shivery that Mummy really had to rush to get me dressed and warm again. I think it is just all to do with my temperature.

I hope I start to feel better soon. I was off to bed at the usual time. I think Mummy will take me to see the doctor tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. hope you enjoyed your pancakes!! Did they have cherrys in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, no cherries but hopefully next time now that Daddy has got the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails