Saturday 5 December 2009

Christmas Spirit

We have had quite a busy week, what with Leo starting to eat solid food. He is now on 2 tastes a day which I try and fit in between milk feeds. It seems as though the feeding never ends. It is starting to improve with him sort of working out what the spoon is and what it means when it is coming towards him. I forgot what the process was like to be honest and thought he would be scoffing it down but the reality is, he doesn't know what it is, how to move it around his mouth, how to swallow it, how to get it off the spoon etc so it's going to take time for him to learn about it and to discover all the new tastes.

He is starting to sit up unaided and can manage small amounts of time as long as he isn't distracted by something behind or above him.







We are starting to get a bit of Christmas cheer in the house by bringing down just a few decorations. As I think I have already blogged about, I bought some Christmas bowls and plates etc so we have started to use them which Ellis and I were really pleased about.



We also did our letter to Santa and Ellis got to post it himself which he was really pleased about. I said should we put Leo on the letter too and he said no but I did anyway.



Mummy afternoon was at our house on Tuesday and I thought it would be a nice idea to set up some colouring stuff for the kids to do. This would mean that the adults could have the living room all to ourselves which would make a nice change. Ellis and Anna nattered away while drawing masterpieces but I didn't manage to get it on video which was a shame. Sophie and Faith had a go too. I told them they could do painting next time!









On Friday, Anna went to pre-school for the first time. She did really well and had a lovely time. She looked so grown up in her pre-school jumper. She only just made it to Big Stars as she doesn't get picked up until 3pm and the gym class starts at 3:15pm, mad rush! I told Ellis that Anna had gone to school and he said all excitedly "Ellis go to school with Anna today?" I said that it wont be for a while yet and bless him, his face went sad and he said, "oh". Silly Mummy should have done the stupid forms earlier.

Rob didn't make it for Big Stars this week as he was out in London for a works Christmas do and to say it was hectic is an understatement. All of the kids were just going mad! Maybe too much chocolate or something but they were just running riot and I had never seen it like that before, it was quite funny.

I rushed home, not sure why, and then it seemed like forever for bath time to come. I was bored.

Ellis hadn't had a nap all day and he was running around like a maniac so I didn't expect him to stay awake at the dinner table, but he did.

I left Ellis to watch some Thomas while I went up to bath Leo and I could see that he was flagging but thought he would soon come up to bed. I came downstairs to this.





Leo and I thought it was so cute and he was totally out of it. I picked him up and put him in his own bed and he didn't wake up. It was nice to have crafty cuddles.



Busy weekend to blog about soon. Will try and do it by Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails