Sunday 13 December 2009

Kids Christmas Parties

Saturday was a busy day. We had to fit in 2 Christmas parties, lunch, dropping Ellis off at Sharon and Sophie's and picking him up again, and Rob had to get his new car taxed. On top of that we had to do the usual nappy changes, milk feeds, solid feeds etc etc.

The day started off okay, we all got up together to have breakfast and then Rob said he needed to go back to bed, which he did. He got up with just enough time to get himself ready before we put the boys in the car and went to the first party.

It was really busy and we were quite squashed in the corner but we all had a good time.













We did some singing and Daddy had to join in too.





Then the children played some instruments which is when, unbelievably, Leo decided to go to sleep.





We did some dancing...





...and then there was a gift for the children.



This was all followed by some food and drinks for everyone.



Back at home we had some lunch then Ellis was put in bed for a nap.

We had to wake him up so that we could take him to Sharon and Sophie's house. He wasn't unhappy about it but I don't think he was actually awake when I kissed him goodbye.

Rob went off to get his car taxed and we were going to meet at the party.

I got the times of the party really messed up and arrived way too early. Leo's party was due to start at 3:30pm but I was there at 2:40pm! Luckily he remained in a good mood while we waited.

Leo's little play mate, Angus, turned up with his Mummy, Daddy, and God parents.





We did the same things as in Ellis' party but just quieter.



Singing.



Dancing.



We had some more food and drink and Leo was given a gift of a rattle. I have actually already bought him one for Christmas so think I may give the new one away.

Leo was having cuddles with Caroline (Angus' Mum) while I drank my tea and he looked rather sleepy. I took him off of her and within 5 seconds he had put his head down and was asleep on my shoulder. I had such lush cuddles with him before it was time to go to pick Ellis up.

Rob's car had an oil warning so he had a quick check before going home. We were later to discover that he has an oil leak but that is for another entry.

Ellis had a lovely time at Sharon's and was talking non stop all the way home about everything that he had been doing. Thank you for taking care of him for me.

At home we were all tired so we tried to sit the boys down for some quiet reading time. I thought it would be an ideal opportunity to get a nice picture of them. This is the best one I could get.





This is the rest!

















Sunday was another nice day. I had a lie in, and breakfast in bed which was great and then it was soon time to go to Sharon and Sophie's house again.

Rob had recently spent some time sorting out a PC for Sharon and Stuart so as a thank you they had us round for lunch. It was yummy! Thai chicken curry followed by cheesecake, all made by Sharon. We had a lovely time and the kids got on really well, running around and playing games.

We were so full up and lethargic when we got home that we didn't do all that much. Rob helped with bath time and then he got all his things ready to leave as he had to stay away for work.

On reversing out of the drive I spotted a wet patch and we soon found out that it was oil from his car. We were not happy as obviously he has only just bought it and thought he had been done. A quick phone call later, and Uncle Dave comes to the rescue. He lends his car to Rob so that he can carry on to work and Dave takes our car to have a look at it. I've just heard that it is a simple thing to repair so all is still good.

I then spent the evening working out Leo's food for the next couple of weeks. It's amazing how quickly it goes from just 2 meals of say carrot then pear to 3 meals, including desserts, with water, finger food and milk feeds in between! I have a bit of cooking to do if I want to continue following the charts in my book, which I am determined to do. In fact I have probably done more of the recipes this time around then when I did it for Ellis. Mainly because I've had a bit more practice in the kitchen and it isn't as difficult.

Busy week next week. Need to finish Christmas shopping, wrap it all, cooking, food shopping, couple of parties, physio appointment, and just stuff that I can't be bothered to list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails