Tuesday 8 December 2009

Tinsel & Tickles

Sunday we put up our Christmas tree. Last year we had so much fun doing it, we had Christmas music on, Ellis was dancing, Leo was in my tummy and was just starting to show and we generally just had a good day.

To start the morning off we all sat at the table and had breakfast together. It is the first time ever that all 4 of us had eaten at the table so of course I had to do a video about it.



After clearing up, the music was on and we put up our brand new tree with a little help from Ellis of course.



It didn't look that good to start with...



... but after being fluffed out it looked just how I imagined.



I had bought the biggest tree in the shop and we weren't sure if it would fit in our living room but it actually just missed the ceiling. It is also a very good size around, very neat I would say but bushy, thick and a lovely green. I am so in love with my new tree! How sad am I?

Once the tree was up and fluffed we realised that we didn't really have enough lights. So I popped out to the shops to grab some. An hour later I returned with some lights, 400 actually, some tinsel and a singing mouse which Ellis loved.









We put the first set of lights on the tree but I didn't think there was enough so we ended up putting on all 400 lights but it looks amazing as the tree is lit from the inside out as well as up and down.



This year I had also bought some new baubles from Costco. It was £25 for a huge bag of matching decorations. Rob and I carefully placed them on the tree and put a gold star on the top to finish it all off. To say I am pleased with our tree is an understatement!



By 2:30pm we had just finished and Rob went out to look at a car that he wanted to buy. Just after he pulled away, my Mum arrived. I was so pleased as didn't really want to spend the afternoon on my own.

The boys were both napping which was nice as I got to sit and chat to Mum without any disturbances.

Once they were awake we took some photos, played games and read books.









Mum left just before Rob got home so it worked out really well and I wasn't bored for one minute.

We had more family time before bath and bed routine.



I have now written all my Christmas cards although I am sure I have missed some obvious people out as I still have mash potato brain, I have tons of wrapping to do and I still need to get some presents for a few people. I am hoping to do a late shopping trip, maybe on Wednesday depending on if Rob is staying away or not.

I had an amazing Sunday with my family and Rob bought the car which will make his commuting a lot better.

Christmas is getting so close! I so can't wait but it will be all over in a flash! I'll make sure I take loads of videos and pictures, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails