Sunday 20 December 2009

Sicky Bad

The boys are sick. It started on Friday but it has progressively got worse. Leo is in the lead with the most snot and horrible cough but Ellis isn't too far behind. Luckily Ellis is really good at blowing his nose, when you can get him to do it in tissue, so he is able to clear his nose really well. Leo on the other hand just sneezes and it flies out all over his face! Gross I know.


Leo is coughing quite a lot and he has a slight temperature. I have been giving him Calpol which he loves and he has been snoozing on and off. Last night was horrid though and he was awake every hour. I eventually brought him in with me and he slept a lot better.


Ellis is ill too but seems to be coping with it a lot better. He is still eating and seems to have energy although he had a poo accident today which is very odd as he hasn't had one of those since August.

I so hope they feel better by Christmas day and that Rob and I avoid it. We still have so much to get done before Friday and I can't really take the kids out anywhere with me at the moment, although I may have to. As long as I wrap them up warm and keep them out of the cold as much as possible, I'm sure it will be fine. I'm not about to drag them around Sainsbury's though.

Rob and I did the wrapping on Saturday evening. It is pretty much all done now. I have to do Rob's and a couple of others but the majority of it is done.

Today Ellis helped to wrap a gift that he got for Leo. I decided this year to get Ellis involved by getting him to pick and wrap a small present for his brother. He sort of picked it out at the garden centre, (although he preferred a toy iron) and then wrapped it and put it under the tree.


We had a visit from my brother Mark, Nicky, Megan and Elin on Saturday to swap Christmas presents.

The kids got on really well which was great as it left us adults to chat amongst ourselves.

Poor Elin gets the brunt of Ellis' attention but she doesn't seem to mind.


Megan did some reading with them and also built a wicked track for Ellis' trains. I had to video it so that I can build it again.




For lunch Mark suggested we went to McDonald's but Rob had other ideas so we went to the local Beefeater pub. We sat in the corner on a huge round table which would have been lovely if it hadn't been in the path of the cold air coming in from the main door. The men found 2 heaters and put them under our table to help, which it did slightly.


We had fun ordering our food and drinks as the Thai waitress had some difficulty in understanding what we wanted. When it arrived none of us really enjoyed it which was a shame.

We said our goodbyes in the car park and went home to chill out, which was a good idea as the boys were heading down hill with their colds.

As for today (Sunday) we haven't really done anything. None of us have got dressed and we have just been playing, reading, watching telly and messing around. I did quite a bit of cleaning first thing and put some washing on but that is as exciting as it gets.

I hope the boys feel better tomorrow as I would really like to get out and finish all the Christmas stuff I need to do. Maybe I'll leave them home with Rob for a couple of hours which would be easier all round. We will see.

I was just about to publish this entry when I looked out of the window!


I hope it settles so Ellis can see it but then goes quickly so I can go out.

1 comment:

  1. The snow did look nice, but as you said it does stop people from getting around, and they bump their cars, and break their legs!!! but it looks pretty. x x x

    ReplyDelete

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails