Tuesday 15 December 2009

ONLY ONE DAY!

Only one day since I first videoed Leo moving forward, and he has been on the floor for probably only an hour all day and he has improved already!


This morning was an early start after an eventful night. I was shattered and could hardly get my eyes open to walk down the stairs. I also knew that I had a very busy day ahead and that I wouldn't be going back to bed for a long time.

As Leo woke up early he went down for a nap early but we ended up running late for our meeting with the AB group of Mummies. We had planned just a little get together with some food for the kids and fancy dress if you wanted. Well of course my boys got to use their outfits again which is great as I really am getting my moneys worth.

We started off playing downstairs...





...then moved upstairs to have a little picnic. It was great fun and the children were all really excited.


Leo had his first close encounter with a little dog and he didn't seem all that impressed.




We had to leave before 2pm as I had a physio appointment which actually ended up being cancelled! So, I put the boys to bed, and got on with my cooking for Leo. I was only going to do one dish but ended up doing 2. The boys were sleeping well and I was getting on with the cooking so I decided against meeting my Mummy friends for the afternoon. I love them dearly but I really needed to get the food sorted out so that I could feel less stressed about it. I didn't stop all afternoon.

Leo woke from his nap with a very red, runny eye. I phoned the doctors and they prescribed some drops which I could pick up straight away. So at 5pm I took the boys out into the cold drizzle, bundled them into the car and off we went. I had to pick up the prescription and then go to Sainsbury's to collect it. I hate having to wait as I always go off and spend more money on stuff I don't need. I bought Leo a new sleeping bag, some grows, something for Rob's stocking and dinner for Ellis as I was seriously running short on time.

Got home at 5:45pm and straight away put Ellis' food on and fed Leo. A short stint of TV watching was followed by the bath and bed routine.

The routine went quite well tonight until I went to put a sleepy Leo in his bed, as my phone started to ring! It was Rob trying to check in with us and I normally have the phone on silent. Of course Leo woke up sharply and wasn't impressed. He screamed through my story time with Ellis and in between books I had to go in and see him. I then went in and out 3 more times. An hour later he was still screaming but I had a quick shower and when I got out he was quiet. Silly, silly Mummy.

My plan for this evening was to do a quick blog entry and then wrap some of my presents. So far I have had dinner, drank a cold tea, typed a long blog and that's it. Will try and do an hour of wrapping and be in bed by 10:15pm at the very latest!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails