Friday 18 December 2009

Santa's Grotto & Snow!

On Wednesday morning Ellis had a play date with Anna who came to stay with us for an hour or so. Ellis and Anna were really good and just went around copying each other. Anna would ask for something, 2 seconds later Ellis would ask too. They were up and down to the kitchen table doing drawing and then obviously messing with my tree. It was quite cute though, and very cunning by Ellis.



They did reading together and just generally got on really well.





Anna is also really good with Leo. She is very gentle and kind and plays nicely with him.







Wednesday evening I met up with my yoga girls in an amazing restaurant in town. I had a brilliant time catching up and eating some yummy food. The evening just went too fast! I did take some pictures but I don't think they would appreciate me posting them.

Friday was the start of 3 meals a day for Leo. I try to feed him breakfast at 8 followed by a milk feed, then another milk feed around 11:30 followed by lunch at around 12/12:30. Another milk feed, sometimes 2 in the afternoon, and then dinner around 4:30/5pm and then the last milk feed at 7pm. It's basically feeding all the time! He hasn't taken to it as well as Ellis did. Not sure if that is due to not enough time spent doing it, or if I haven't worked out when the right time to give it to him is, or it might just be because he is poorly at the moment. More on that later.



We finally started to receive Christmas cards this week and this year, like any other, Nanny George made our cards. I thought they were rather cute.



I really wanted to take the children to see Santa at a near by garden centre but I also wanted Rob to come with us. The problem, was that the school kids would break up the same time as Rob and the queues would just be mental! So always game for a laugh, my Mum decided to join us. I was going to go it alone but so glad I didn't.

Just as we were about to leave it started snowing! I was really excited as you can tell!



We left just after 10:30am and I was expecting the main road to be heaving with traffic but luckily all was clear and we were there not long after 11am. The grotto opened at 11 and after dropping Mum off at the front door, I soon joined her with the kids in the buggy.

At the grotto I paid for our ticket and we then had to wait in a very short queue. We didn't have to wait for long but we took some pictures while we waited.





We were let into a little room where the kids were supposed to sit on little stools but Ellis wanted to stay with Nanny.



Here is quite a long video of our experience.





Ellis didn't want his picture taken with Santa and got quite upset but Leo on the other hand didn't care one bit.



Ellis picked out a tractor and trailer in the toy room which he was rather chuffed about.



We went straight to the cafe after for a cuppa and a warm up. I have no idea why but it didn't occur to me to actually have lunch. Ellis just played with his new toy, I ate a cake with a cup of tea and then I fed Leo some leek, sweet potato and pea which he seemed to enjoy.







Toilet break was followed by a quick look at the animals and toys before paying the lady and getting back in the car.

The road was clear going home too which was excellent.

The boys had a nap when we got home and I pottered around for a bit.

Rob got home earlier than expected around 6pm which was nice as he was able to see his boys before we put them to bed.

Rob is now home for the Christmas break so I started to feel a bit more Christmassy. We have lots to do and lots planned for the next few days but I will try and do a few blogs before Christmas day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails