Thursday 24 December 2009

Christmas Build Up

I have to try and keep the writing brief as I need to shower and get to bed but wanted to do a blog entry before Christmas day as that is going to take up so much time when I do.

We have had a bit of snow recently and I haven't been out in it as the kids haven't been well. Leo is still quite bad but I'm hoping tomorrow he wakes up improved. Anyway, on Tuesday, Ellis just got it in his head that he wanted to put his boots on and go out in the garden. How could I refuse! He had been cooped up in the house for days so I wrapped him up and out we went.








One, two, three...


GO!







As you can see we had so much fun. I watched the videos with him the following day and he laughed so hard! I tried to video us laughing but second time around it wasn't as funny but still quite good.



I've been feeling rather ill too but just getting on with it as best I can. Leo is still waking up rather regularly in the night so I was feeling very tired yesterday so after Rob had a long lie in, I swapped with him and Ellis came with me! He has never, ever slept in our bed so it was quite a novelty and I loved it.





Christmas Eve has been good, busy, but good. Leo is still sicky bad but Ellis has been doing much better. Still has a very runny nose but seems in good spirits.



The day started off with Ellis receiving a letter from Santa.





Then in preparation for tomorrow Ellis cooked some cookies with Daddy for Santa.





We then popped out to see Auntie Lucy, Uncle Craig, Shauna and Ashlee. The kids played while we drank one beer some tea and ate loads of biscuits.

We stayed for quite a while but had to get home to finish off getting ready.

Rob went to the shops and I went home to give the boys their dinner.

Ellis put out some milk, a carrot and one of his cookies for Santa but was getting rather upset about letting go of the carrot. He was very tired so after brushing his teeth, a couple of stories he went to bed.





Rob and I then worked really hard getting everything ready. I put the gifts under the tree and got the stockings ready.







Then we did the vegetables and wrote a plan for the timings of it all.

Rob did some more wrapping and we tidied and cleaned up ready for the morning. I took some pictures and tried to do this blog quickly but didn't realise how many videos I had to post, which takes ages!





From the 4 of us, to all of you, MERRY CHRISTMAS!

1 comment:

  1. I'm very glad you had a good Christmas, sounds very organised. The greetings card was great, perhaps, as Dad said maybe next year it could be all four of you! x x x

    ReplyDelete

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails