Monday 3 August 2009

Family Holiday

Friday morning was pretty much spent packing and putting things in the car. I couldn't do much until Ellis went to bed so I did a few videos and pictures of the boys.







Rob phoned to say that he would be finishing a lot later than planned so I decided I could manage to get everything in the car and to drive down to meet him instead of him coming all the way home, to turn around and go again.



I managed to do it, and I also recycled my plastic at Sainsbury's before hitting the road.

I only missed one turning on the way and it didn't seem long before we had picked Rob up.



We stopped to change nappies and to give Ellis a snack before getting back on the road to finish our journey.





We reached the house and the boys had some fresh air while I pottered with the unpacking.





Then Rob fed Ellis while I fed Leo.



Straight after, we bathed both of our babies and put them to bed. They went to sleep with no problems, I could not believe it.

During the night I hardly slept. Rob came to bed really late and woke me up, Leo fed a lot and he was also having problems breathing as his nose was bunged up. He kept gagging and coughing all the time so I couldn't sleep as I was too worried. I was also really cold and uncomfortable in a very soft, old bed.

I got up the following morning feeling extremely tired. So tired in fact that I was having symptoms of lack of sleep, such as the room spinning and I felt the floor moving under my feet. I basically felt drunk. It wasn't very nice and I couldn't remember the last time I felt that bad. Still I had to get on with the day. Rob left for work and I while I was trying to get Ellis' breakfast ready, he tipped a watering can full of water all over himself and the floor. I frantically tried to clear it up while still trying to watch what he was doing. Not a good start.

Leo was chilling while I got Ellis ready to go out for the day. It was tipping down with rain and we had planned to go into Bournemouth for the day to have a look around.



We stopped in good ole Sainsbury's for a few bits and Tilly and I took it in turns rather than get all 3 kids out of the car.



Tilly is Simon's wife. Simon works with Rob so his family were down for the weekend too. They have a son Ethan and a baby due on 31st October.

We eventually made it after about an hour. Ellis had a little snooze and after parking up we walked into town.

We found the tourist information centre and found out that there was a soft play centre right by the pier, so that is where we went.

The boys had a play for about an hour, for free as we couldn't find anyone to pay, before we went to a pub for some lunch.

It was really busy but the food arrived quickly and after some nappy changes we went back into town so the boys could have a go on a little ride.





A quick stop in Boots and then we went back to the "holiday house" as I was calling it.

Tilly had a shower then went to pick our men up from work.

Our men had arranged for us to go to a local restaurant that served really good food. The table was booked for 5:30pm so as soon as Rob got home, we went out again.

The food was amazing! I had lamb which just fell off the bone, followed by apple and black cherry crumble with custard. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

It was really nice being out as a family having some good food.









Ellis and Leo were really good and Leo found his feet which was really cute!



We went back to the holiday house and put the boys straight to bed. Then after showers the adults played a game of Trivial Pursuit. I actually enjoy that game now as I can actually answer some of the questions.

I went to bed quite early as I needed to get some rest.

Thankfully both of our babies slept through the night and we got up at 7:07am.

I had a huge job on my hands once the men had gone to work. I had to pack up all our stuff and load the car up as well as put the house back in order. It was hard, and I was so tired after we had finished that I locked the house up and got in the car before realising I had left Leo in his car seat on the kitchen table! He had a look on his face when I went to get him that made me feel so guilty!

The plan for the day was to go to the beach but we wanted the boys to have lunch first. So we went and had a look around Sainsbury's to kill some time before going into the cafe for some food.

It was a really hot day and I hadn't realised how busy the beach would be. It took forever to find a parking space so Ellis fell asleep but we finally got one and I loaded up the buggy and we hit the sand.







Ellis doesn't like sand. He didn't like grass as a baby and would stay routed to the spot so as not to touch any more grass. He behaved the same way with the sand, which was good in a way as I knew he wouldn't be running off.





He relaxed a little bit and even helped me to make a sandcastle.











We had the same trouble with the sea as we did with the sand.



Leo on the other hand didn't seem to mind it. Tilly captured his first experience with sand.



We stayed for quite a while and I found it quite difficult and didn't really relax that much.

Back at the car, Ellis was stripped off and changed, Leo was changed and put back into his baby grow before we left to pick up Rob from work.



We were soon back on the long road home with Ellis asking to get out every 15 minutes or so. He hates being in the car seat and has done since a baby. I'm not sure if he gets travel sick or not so that might explain it. He did say "sick, in the sink" a few times but Tilly hadn't been well that morning so I thought he was just talking about that.

Back at home, we shoved some food into Ellis, gave the boys a bath and put them to bed. I then took 3 hours to unpack all the clothes, put the washing on, tidy up and have a shower.

I found the weekend quite tough but was pleased that I went. I spent some lovely time with my husband and Ellis had a few "firsts" which is always a pleasure. I don't think I will be going again though.

Monday was a rest day. We went out first thing to try and get Ellis' hair trimmed but bribe as I might, I couldn't get him in that chair! At one point I was up to, you can watch Thomas while eating crisps and sweets. Other people tried to help and they were all so nice but he wouldn't budge an I couldn't un-grip him from around my neck.

We went home and Rob put Ellis down for his nap at the normal time and he went straight to sleep. I popped out to the shops to get his birthday cake. It was so easy with just Leo. I have no idea what I found so difficult when it was just me and Ellis!

Rob left for work at about 11:30am and then my Mum came over in the afternoon and did my ironing. She also tried to have a go at trimming Ellis' hair. He was really good and sat there, not still but he wasn't crying. Mum was shaking, red and sweating as she was so nervous about cutting it. Ellis has difficult hair. He has a double crown and 2 cows licks, one at the front and one at the back. I am very grateful that she tried and I think she did a good job.

After that we went out to do some food shopping as we are having a small family party on Wednesday as Ellis will be 2. I spent loads, it would have been cheaper to have had a proper party! It will be nice though.

Mum came home with me after and helped to sort out the shopping and got my house into some sort of order. It was such a relief to not have to face it all on my own. Thanks Mum, your wicked!

I bathed and put the boys to bed as usual and then wrapped Ellis' presents and tried to do some blogging but it was playing up a bit. I actually wrote this blog Tuesday night but I have posted it as done on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails