Wednesday 5 August 2009

Ellis is 2!

My little boy turned 2. I can't believe it. We had an amazing day and it was so much fun. Ellis was spoilt rotten with gifts and was such a good boy all day. I don't think he has ever walked so much!

The day started off late! I checked my phone to see what time it was as we wanted to leave early to go to a local farm/amusement park for children, and it was 8am! The boys never sleep in unless we need to go somewhere.

I rallied people out of bed and Ellis came downstairs to open his presents. He was so excited and I can't wait to see his face at Christmas.



We all had breakfast, got dressed and ready and left 30 minutes after we had originally planned.

The park wasn't too busy when we first arrived. We creamed up and had a leisurely walk around to get our bearings.



In Ellis' excitement he fell over and scratched his knee. His first injury as a 2 year old. He didn't cry and was soon off running again.



We came across a lovely family of goats.





Next stop was a little train. I thought Ellis would love it but he just kept saying "off now!" "no Mummy!" but I took him anyway. He couldn't wait for it to end and I thought he would have loved it.









After the ride, I decided we needed to stop early for lunch as Leo was hungry and I was getting seriously fed up with all the midges!



We went to the cafe and all tucked into some grub. I'm glad we got there early as it was really, really busy shortly after.

We were sat by the soft play area so once we had finished, Daddy and Ellis had a go on the bouncy castle while Leo and I watched on.







We then thought it would be a nice idea to do the river walk. It is 1 1/4 miles long and was a bit boggy but you get to see lots of animals and Ellis had a really nice run around. I don't know how he kept going and it was really hot. We were about half way around when we decided we really needed to be getting back to the car.















We made it back to the car all hot, sweaty, muddy and covered in flying ants as well as the little black midges. It was horrible!

We changed Leo's nappy in the boot of the car and then left the park.







It was all go when we got home. I rushed around getting things ready, Rob had a shower then mowed the lawn and soon my Mum and Dad arrived to help set some things up. Well, Dad looked after Leo and Mum did most of the work in the kitchen while I pottered about and had a shower.

It wasn't long before all the guests arrived and we sang Happy Birthday and blew out the candle. Ellis had been practicing all week but couldn't quite manage it. Maybe next year.





Everyone then tucked into the nice spread we had prepared.





After the food was eaten Ellis got to open some more presents. He had so much and we are very grateful to everyone who got him something. He loves all of his presents especially the aeroplane bought by Tilly, Simon and Ethan, his laptop bought by Nanny and Grandad Rennolds and of course his Thomas trains, bought by Mummy, Daddy, Nanny and Grandad George and Nanny and Grandad Rennolds.









My favourite gifts were a personalised book from Leighton, Jaidan, Sabriel and Jasper, a noisy book from Auntie Katie, Alex, Chloe and Kamron and a set of flap books from Uncle Mark, Auntie Nicky, Megan and Elin.

Other presents received were Thomas PJ's, colouring book and crayons from Anna, Rick and Owain, Thomas books from Linda, Justin, Matthew and Jack, torch and puzzles from Uncle Dave, buggy, play dough set, books and height chart from us. I'm sure I have missed some.

Everyone seemed to have a nice time and I tried to get pictures of eveyone at some point. Unfortunately Auntie Karen and Charley couldn't make it as Charley had been ill during the night. We missed them.




Megan & Leo


Auntie Katie


Megan


Auntie Nicky & Leo


Leo


Leo again


Rob & Uncle Mark






Nanny & Grandad George


Grandad Rennolds helping me to finish the trifle


Nanny Rennolds


Birthday boy!


A bad picture of Chloe and Kamron

Last year I put together all the monthly pictures I had taken over his first year. So here are the monthly pictures from his second year.

























Everyone left at the same time which was really nice as we were able to bath and put the boys to bed, blitz the house and then sit down together for a bit.



I went to bed quite late but very happy that the day had been very successful. It was totally worth all the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails