Tuesday 4 August 2009

Brizzle Drizzle

Today it rained all day. I actually don't mind the rain, even if I need to go out, I just love watching, listening and smelling it.

We did the usual routine in the morning and while Ellis was napping I finished off the last little bit of ironing I had. I felt so chuffed that it was all done and it didn't take me long. I just need to keep on top of it.

Leo was slightly more demanding than usual today so had to carry him around quite a bit but I did love spending about an hour just playing and chatting with him. He is really starting to respond now and I love it.

After lunch I got Leo dressed in some clothes for a change.





I then tried to get Ellis dressed and in a nappy but he wasn't having it. He did so well with the potty today, I was really impressed. He would be playing or reading and then would suddenly run to the potty to do a dribble of wee. He gets it and knows what to do which is great but I'm just not committed to doing it right now. I will let him lead the way for now though.

Mummy friends were over in the afternoon. It was hectic but fun for the most part. Ellis was a little terror with Faith again and kept pushing her. I'm not really sure what to do now. I've tried telling him off, getting him to say sorry, giving him time outs etc but it hasn't been working and has been going on for quite a while. Poor Faith even got screamed at by Anna a few times too.

The gang left around 5pm and I cleared up and gave Ellis his dinner. He threw his food on the floor so I said no story after his bath. He didn't care though.



I put the boys to bed, Leo taking a bit more time than normal, and then I got a few things ready for Ellis' party tomorrow.



Our plan is to get up with the boys, open Ellis' presents, have breakfast, get ready and go out for about 9:30am. Then we aim to get back by 3:30pm, if not before, for the get together at 4pm. We have the following coming:

Nanny and Grandad x2
Auntie Katie
Chloe
Kamron
Auntie Karen
Charley
Auntie Nicky
Megan
Elin

Should be fun and really nice to see all the cousins together, including Leo for the first time. I feel a group photo coming on!

Is it bad of me to be getting excited about Christmas already? I was wrapping Ellis' presents and I suddenly started thinking about it. I need to get Leo's name put on his Santa sack and I want to buy different paper for presents that have been bought by Santa and not Mummy and Daddy, if that makes sense. My Mummy friend Sarah has some great ideas of what I can do to make it so exciting for my boys. I can't wait!

I love the title of this blog entry by the way. I thought it was quite witty of me ;o)

I have a stat counter on this website and last week I received 140 unique visitors! Out of that many people only 6 have voted on the poll and not one comment :o(

Right I'm off to bed, shattered again but this time physically too. My back, shoulders and arms are killing me. I also have ulcers in my mouth so I know I'm a bit run down at the moment. Need to get more rest but there is always something that needs to be done. I need a holiday on my own please.

2 comments:

  1. I love the title too, and your bloging is excellet. Love you and the family tons. Mum x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. There I managed it!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails