Tuesday 11 August 2009

Balloons!

Saturday morning, Rob went out to the gym and I played with the boys and put Ellis down for his nap at the usual time.

It was quite a lazy day and the only thing we had planned was to go to the big shops for some clothes for Rob and a jewellery box for me (which we didn't end up doing).



Just before we left for the shops, I did some drumming with Leo and then had some pictures taken with my boys.





Sunday morning Rob went to the gym again and I stayed home with the boys. Ellis went down for his nap and then when Rob got home we got them dressed to go to Leighton and Jaidan's house for a barbeque.









We had a lovely time, with the kids playing outside and the adults eating, drinking and chatting away.

Rob was running up and down the garden at one point with Ellis on his shoulders. Ellis' face was so funny that I had to video it, but it didn't go quite as planned second time around.



Ellis was fine and loved it.

The plan was then to go to the balloon fiesta but a couple of us couldn't be bothered with the hassle of actually getting there. If we could have just been beamed there it would have been fine. So instead we went to a spot where we knew we could see the balloons.





We had some time to kill so we took a walk across the Clifton Suspension Bridge.







We all then settled on the grass having a little picnic for the kids. We waited, and waited and waited.



















Then finally, balloons!









We didn't stay long as it was getting late and a bit chilly for Leo. We arrived home quite late and quickly bathed and put the boys to bed.

I stayed up for a bit doing my puzzle.

Monday was boring. We had to stay in to wait for a delivery.

Leo fell asleep on the changing mat, it was that boring!





The only thing that happened, was Ellis missed the potty. Not a nice experience and just loads more work for me!

I finished my puzzle in the evening and went to bed quite late.



Today started off with me feeling rough as both kiddies had been up during the night and I was woken suddenly by loud banging on our front door. It was a delivery guy with another parcel. I grabbed my dressing gown and was frantically trying to put it on as I ran down the stairs in my bra and pants. I answered the door with one eye shut, my hair everywhere but with my dressing gown on. The man was sniggering and had obviously seen my struggle through the window in our door! How embarrassing!

Ellis would not go down for his nap, even though he kept saying he was tired and wanted to lie down with his rabbit. I put him up and left him for a while, and I fed Leo laid down on my bed as I needed the rest.

I got Ellis up and gave him his lunch then proceeded to put him back up to bed and he went to sleep this time.

It was Mummy afternoon today and I wasn't looking forward to it at all. I didn't want a repeat of the week before where Ellis just played up and caused me and the others so much stress. As it happened, I had an amazing afternoon. Ellis was really, really good, even having a chat with Faith about the tomatoes growing in the garden. I was able to sit, relax and participate in some of the conversations. If only every week was like that.

We got home quite late and I rushed around getting dinner ready before bath time, which I was also late for. Leo was frantic by the time I plonked him in the bath as he was so hungry. While I was reading Ellis his story, Leo fell asleep and I tried to wake him for a feed but he wasn't interested.

I had my shower and as I was getting dressed he woke up crying. I fed him again and then he didn't settle until nearly 8:30pm!

By the time I had cleared up and done this blog it was my bedtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails