Sunday 16 August 2009

Door Bouncer

Haven't had the chance, or energy to do any blogging over the last few days. That now means I have to write about the last 4 days to catch up but I am going to keep it very brief as again I am feeling tired and it is quite late.

Thursday was a good day. Rob was home in the morning and then I went to Claire's house for my active birthing Mummy group. I'm going to call them ABM group from now on. I didn't put Ellis down for his nap as I wanted to get there on time at 12pm.

We arrived on time and although not first to arrive at the address, we were the first ones into the house.

Claire had a baby girl, Scarlett 4 weeks ago and she looked amazing! I didn't get a picture unfortunately but will try to next time.

Sophie with Ted and Sophie with Piers and Gus were there too and we had a really, really nice time sat outside chatting, eating and drinking.

We had to leave a bit early to get to my Mum's for dinner but when we arrived she was still out with Chloe at the park.

We didn't have to wait long before they both arrived home.

Chloe stayed for dinner too which was my favourite meal, sausages, mash, peas, gravy, fried onions and mushrooms. It was yummy and we all cleared our plates.

Ellis had a bath with Chloe before we packed up the car and went home.

On Friday, I don't know how I managed it but time passed very quickly and we didn't get out of the house until nearly 4pm! I wanted to go to the shops to take a t-shirt back for Rob and to see if I could get Ellis some boxer shorts. I managed to do all of it and was getting in the car to go home when Ellis said "park now". I forgot I had mentioned to him about going to the park on the way home. I had to do it.

I drove to the park and carried Leo in his car seat which was a stupid idea. Ellis had a wicked time and he hasn't been there in ages. There was a huge difference in the way he could climb the ladder to the slide and use the see-saw etc. Last time we went you had to stand behind him while he climbed the ladder but he was up it before I could reach him!

We didn't stay long and he was good at having to leave.

Rob arrived home and he helped me to get Ellis into bed as I was due to be going out in the evening. Leo for some reason just wouldn't settle as well as he usually does but I eventually ran out the house wishing Rob good luck.

I picked up Sally and Sharon and we went to a local pub for food and a drink. I had a really, really nice relaxing evening. The food was good and we talked non stop about loads of different things. I couldn't stop talking about Ellis though as he had been such an Angel all week.

Leo slept really well that night, eventually and didn't wake until 6am for his feed.

Saturday morning we all just chilled out around the house. Rob spent lots of time with his boys and I tried to get a few things done upstairs.



We did put Leo in the door bouncer for the first time which was ace! I know he is going to really love it.



My little happy boy.



In the afternoon we went swimming as we hadn't been for about 6 weeks. It was really quiet and my best friend Lucy was there with her 2 girls, Shauna and Ashlee, so I had a nice natter with her.

Leo loved it again and he stayed quite warm so we were in the pool for about half an hour. Rob stayed in with Ellis while I got out and went to feed Leo in the cafe.

Lucy sat in the cafe with me for ages and we had a nice chat and shared a slab of chocolate before it was time to go home.

Ellis and Leo were really tired after swimming.



Sunday morning I had a lie in which was great! I had to give Leo a large feed so I didn't start my lie in for a while but I tried to make the most of it.

I got up at 9:30 as I was hungry and thirsty.

Ellis has been very clingy recently and constantly whinges "Mummy, Mummy!" at me. I was trying to eat my breakfast with him attached to my leg crying at me.

Rob went back to bed and I played with the boys and put Ellis up for his nap at 11am. He didn't go to sleep until 11:30pm.

I got everyone out of bed at 1:30pm and we all had lunch together.

Leo had some time on his mat and Ellis did some colouring.



Ellis was a very dribbly baby and he constantly wore a bib. I was hoping that Leo wasn't going to be the same but today I had to relent and put one on him as he was getting soaked. If anything I would say he is worse than Ellis! I have no idea how I am going to keep up with the amount of bibs that will need to be used to keep him dry.



As I was taking the picture of Leo with his bib on, I realised that I rarely take pictures of Ellis on his own anymore. I think I found out the reason why. It is mainly because he is always moving around so pictures are blurred and also because he isn't happy having them taken anymore, as you can tell by this picture.



I gave Leo yet another huge feed (growing day today) and he was really sleepy. I asked Rob to take some pictures of the two of us but he woke up. Both pictures are blurry but I really like them.





In the afternoon we went up to my Mum and Dad's house to pick up some post and so that Rob could have a look at my Dad's computer which wasn't working properly.

I actually had a nice time as Ellis was happy playing with different toys and I got to spend time with Leo just talking, playing and having cuddles and I didn't feel guilty once.

As soon as we got home I put the dinner on and Ellis helped Rob to clear up some things.

It was quite late by the time we sat down to eat and Leo wasn't happy at all. I stuffed my food while Rob held Leo and then we swapped. I ran up and bathed Leo and started to feed him while Rob took care of Ellis. Things are sooooo much easier with 2 adults around!

Leo fell asleep so I put him in bed and used the opportunity to have a shower. Rob bathed and put Ellis to bed.

Rob and I then spent our time cleaning up the kitchen and putting lots of stuff away.

Late night for me tonight. I so hope Leo sleeps well. So much for keeping it brief!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a very nice weekend, and sorry to have missed you Sunday. x x

    ReplyDelete

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails