Saturday 22 August 2009

Carnage

Things didn't go so well with the potty training today. Ellis spent most of his time in the morning running around saying he needed to do a poo poo but wouldn't do it on the toilet or potty and was getting upset about doing it on the floor. We tried to encourage him by using toys etc and offering him a reward but none of it worked.

Rob took Ellis swimming in the afternoon and I packed up the bags with change of clothes etc as I just thought there might be an accident, and unfortunately I was right. Ellis was playing in the park when Rob noticed a wet patch on his jeans. Further examination showed utter carnage as Ellis had emptied a day and halves worth of feces in his George underwear. Rob cleaned him up and brought him home.

I don't feel like I'm back to square one at all but I do wonder how I will notice any progress when you take one step forward and two back. He did 2 poos in the potty 2 days ago and then today he just couldn't do it. It is going to be a big hurdle and I'm not sure what to do to make it easier for him. I tried putting the potty under the computer desk, the table, behind the curtain, in his pooing corner etc but nothing worked.

Will try all over again tomorrow.

Leo and I had a lovely afternoon. He had about 3 or 4 feeds, undisturbed in peace. It was great. He had a nap for about half an hour so I looked through our photos which need sorting out.

No pictures or videos from today so boring written entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails