Friday 7 August 2009

5th Wedding Anniversary

I have been married 5 years today. Unfortunately Rob is working nights and he was away last night so I wont actually see him at all on our anniversary which is a shame but can't be helped.

Happy anniversary honey, I love you very much and you are the best husband and Daddy anyone could ask for. Thank you for working so hard so that we can have the best future together as a family, but we all really miss you. xxx





Today was a bit of contrast to yesterday. Caroline and Angus came to see us first thing in the morning and Ellis finally went to sleep at about 11:30am for his nap.

I left him for an hour, stuffed some food into him and then we went to see our Active Birth Mummy friends, Sophie, Maggie & Ted, Sarah & Amelie, Sophie, Piers & Gus.

Ted is the newest member of the group and probably the last one to join us for quite a while yet although all 4 of us were today talking about baby number 3!



We had to leave very early to go to see the health visitor with Leo. He was weighed and measured and is following along the 50% line for both measurements. He is 60cm long and 12lbs 12 1/2 oz. He has put on near enough 1 pound in 2 weeks and the health visitor was very pleased.

She also made a comment about Ellis' speech, saying that he was very advanced and sounded like quite a clever little chap, which is why I probably expect too much from him as I sometimes forget that he is only 2.

Ellis continues to try and potty train himself and I might have to just face the fact and bite the bullet and do it properly. He asked to use the potty when I got him out of the car at the clinic, was using the potty at Nanny's house and also at Sophie's house in the morning he said he had done a wee wee in his nappy. Going to buy some stuff this weekend and might start next week. See how I feel.

We then went up to Nanny and Grandad Rennolds' house. It was pretty hectic as Auntie Katie, Chloe and Kamron were there too.



Kamron used the potty too and he did an amazing job, almost filling it from a standing position. Ellis on the other hand did dribble after dribble. It's tiring having to do the whole cheering, tipping, flushing, waving, bye bye, wash hands, clean potty routine every 5 minutes, literally. He will get it I'm sure.

Ellis did some nice colouring with Chloe but I caught him eating the orange paint at one point so had to take him up to the bathroom to get clean.



Ellis also did a good job of learning how to steer the trike in the back garden. He still needs a lot of practice.



Leo has lots of nice cuddles as always and Mum tried to take some nice pictures of me with my boys. I think we need a bit more time and practice.











Other pictures taken:







We had Chinese take-away for dinner and it was yummy. We then arrived home very late at 7:10pm so I didn't do any baths and just put them both straight to bed. Ellis was happy with this and was asleep within 10 minutes. Leo didn't settle until 8:30pm.

I spent most of the evening blogging. It does take up most of my free time but I do enjoy doing it. If I didn't then I wouldn't do it so often. I just wish it was a bit quicker to do and also not so tricky with the pictures and videos. I'm sure there is a better way but I haven't found it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails