Tuesday 18 August 2009

Twins + Newborn

Leo slept well Sunday and Monday night. Another few nights like that and I should be feeling so much better. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Monday morning we went to a Little Stars class at the village hall. I was determined to wear Ellis out so he walked all the way there.

The class was really good and Ellis seemed to really enjoy himself. I must admit I enjoyed it too.

I then made Ellis walk all the way home again, the long way around.

We had lunch when we got in and then I put him up for his nap.

I had planned to do a big food shop in the afternoon but I was really hoping that Mum could come and give me a hand as it is physically hard work. Mum had hurt her ankle really badly but still managed to come and help me which was great and made things much easier.

Rob came home Monday night which was really nice. He didn't get back until late so missed seeing the boys.

We had sausage sandwiches and then went to bed by 10:30pm which I was really happy about.

Tuesday morning I had agreed to take care of Anna while her Mummy and Daddy were at work. She was dropped off at 7:30am and almost immediately, Ellis and Anna were chatting away.



There was only about 30 minutes of squabbling over some toys but they soon settled down. They played so nicely together it was lush. I experienced what it is like to have twin toddlers with a newborn and it wasn't too bad actually.



We did a lot of reading together and they took in turns turning pages and lifting flaps on the books. My throat was very sore. I was amazed that they sat so close together and Ellis didn't even once try to push Anna away. I so hope the pushing phase has gone now.

I had an idea that they could play with the play dough together so I set it up and sat them at the table. Anna didn't like it so promptly got down to play with some people.



They both decided to sit together to have their snacks and drink around 10am which was so cute.



I think they enjoyed each others company.



Leo didn't mind the extra noise in the house and quite happily fell asleep in his chair. He has outgrown the sponge liner so I have removed it. He looks a lot comfier now.





I put Ellis up for his nap at 11am and then Anna and I played a bit more. I then decided to put Leo in the door bouncer for a few minutes but while I was changing Anna's nappy, I heard him straining! Next thing I know, poo has leaked out the side of his nappy all over the floor and he is merrily dancing around in it! I scrubbed the carpet as much as I could but it still looks like a ton of Chicken Korma landed there.

Anna's Daddy arrived at 12:20pm to take her home for lunch and hopefully a nap.

I then quickly tidied up, had my lunch and fed Leo.

I then had to get Ellis up, dressed and fed before taking him to Anna's house for the afternoon.

I dropped Ellis off with Sally, Nick and Anna at 2pm and then I took Leo to see the health visitor.

Leo was weighed at 13lb 10 1/2oz which is very good and he is still following along the correct line in his little red book.

Next was the nurse for his jabs. 2 injections. I had given him a feed in the waiting room so he was sound asleep as we went into the room. I woke him up a bit but the first injection woke him up a lot. The second one was just as bad but after I flicked his feet and gave him a cuddle, he was fine. Even the nurse said he settled down quite quickly.

I went home and put Leo in the buggy so that I could walk to Sally's house. Don't know why, just fancied a walk.

Ellis and Anna were still playing nicely together so I sat having a drink, eating cake and feeding Leo, while watching them play.







Ellis likes playing with the In The Night Garden Toys and one of them is called Makka Pakka. Ellis always says Makka Makka. So I tried to get him to say it properly and he tried soooo hard but still came out with Makka Makka. Then he moved on to Pakka Pakka. It was really funny but he did try.

Anna wanted to watch Peppa Pig and I said I didn't mind it being on so the kiddies sat like zombies watching the T.V. When Sally turned the telly off, Ellis came crying to me saying "no Mummy, Peppa Pig!" Bless him.



Ellis is still being really clingy but both Sally and I love the fact that our kids are happy to be with each other and in each other's houses. I think because they see each other at least 3 times a week and Ellis has been looked after by Sally a few times in the past that they are just used to it. If they get into the same pre-school in January then I'm sure they will spend even more time at each other's houses, having dinner etc. Lush.

We were home by 5pm and I casually got dinner ready and we ate together, all 3 of us.

Bath and bed routine was easy for some reason and Leo settled first time and was asleep by 7:10pm. I hope that doesn't mean he will wake earlier tomorrow.

1 comment:

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails