Wednesday 19 August 2009

Big Park

We didn't really have anything planned for today so after a phone call with Mum, we decided to go to Ikea for some lunch.

Leo was his usual chatty self and I tried to get some of it on video.



Mum and Chloe arrived when Ellis was still napping. They entertained themselves with puzzles while I quickly did my ironing and pottered about.

We woke Ellis up just before one, got ready and all piled into one car. It was then that I discovered that if we are to have more kiddies, we will need a bigger car.

We went straight to the cafe for some food and we were greeted with a disco as they were having a Crayfish Party!



Ellis loved it and I caught him dancing on a few occasions.



While at Ikea, Ellis said he needed a wee wee. I took him to the toilet but it was too late and he wouldn't get on the loo anyway. This prompted me to visit Mothercare.

I picked up a Thomas seat for the loo, and a travel potty with liners, to go with the 2 steps I had purchased at Ikea for £1.99 each, bargain! I was now feeling more organised and ready to actually try it properly.

http://www.mothercare.com/Thomas-Tank-Engine-training-seat/dp/B0011EW0RK/sr=1-17/qid=1250798451/ref=sr_1_17/279-3877852-0444906?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=42764041&mcb=core

http://www.mothercare.com/Pottete-PLUS-Travel-Potty-Trainer/dp/B001CFQWHW/sr=1-2/qid=1250798361/ref=sr_1_2/279-3877852-0444906?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=42764041&mcb=core

We promised the kids could go to the park so we parked up by the local park and let them have a run around. Chloe is 4 so wanted to go in the bigger park and Ellis soon followed. Sally and Anna arrived at the same time too which is always nice to see them.

Ellis got on okay. He went on the roundabout, big slide and tried to go on a tyre swing but I made him fall off of it by accident and he wouldn't get back on. Such a shame cause I know he will love it. I will try again soon.







Mum spent her time sweating and worrying about Chloe who had climbed up the big red climbing triangle. Mum was sure she was stuck at the top but she climbed down fine. Very brave girl.





Ellis tried to leave the park and made a run for it across the grass. I ran after him and rugby tackled him to the ground. It was so nice to be able to do that sort of thing with him again as being pregnant and then having my bad pelvis I haven't been as mobile as I he needed me to be. In the process though I broke my flip flops. The ones that survived a trip around the globe for nearly a year. They were £20 from Oasis but they lasted me years and have travelled a few hundred miles on my feet and a few more in my suitcase.

I binned my flip flops and had to go to Sainsbury's near-by to buy some new ones. I looked like a right tramp walking around bare foot.

We stopped at the ice-cream van and bought me and the kids something. We then contained them in a trolley so that we could walk around the shops.



They were really good but Ellis' lolly melted very quickly and he was soon covered in sticky juice.

We eventually made it home and Mum and Chloe left quite quickly.

When I was unpacking everything, Ellis noticed the travel potty and wanted to try it out. I was quite pleased really as I was bit concerned that he wouldn't like it and would refuse to use it if I was out. I was very happy that he would sit on it and at one point I couldn't even get him off.

He hasn't once wanted to sit on the toilet to have a go, but as soon as the blue Thomas seat was put on, he wanted to sit on it! He used the step to climb up and then used the step to wash his hands.

I now feel more confident about actually trying to potty train him as he seems happy to be using all the equipment that I have bought. I even managed to get him in a pair of boxer shorts so that he could sit up to the table for dinner. Ah, my little boy is growing up so fast! Soon it will be big bed, pre-school, school, college (hopefully), university (hopefully), travelling, marriage etc etc!



Bath and bed routine was the usual but it took me a while to settle Leo. Rob came home at 7:45pm and I was still feeding and winding, feeding and winding.

Serious potty training starts tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails