Thursday 30 July 2009

Potty Accident

Here are a few videos that I forgot to post yesterday.

Ellis likes to help me out sometimes so checks to see if Leo needs a nappy change.

Today was a good day. I was shattered as usual and wondered how I would get through the day but we did.

The morning was busy as Ellis decided to have more potty time which means endless trips to the toilet etc but also today we had our first accidents. First he did a huge poo on the floor and freaked out about it but I managed to calm him down and clean up all the mess. It was on the floor in 2 places, down his legs and all over the potty. Then after a photo session in his brand new pants, with George on the front, he did a wee on the kitchen floor.

I'm not potty training Ellis, just letting him take the lead. If he wants to use the potty then that is good and I will encourage him but I'm not actively making him use it, as in taking his nappy off and telling him he has to use it. I'm not in any rush as I found out today that it is a lot of extra work.

I finally managed to get a nappy on Ellis and it was still tipping down with rain. I love watching the rain so I opened the back door and watched it for a while. Next thing I knew, Ellis is stomping around on the grass saying "march, march!" Very cute and I did video it.

I got him in, wrapped him up warm in a blanket and we sat for an hour reading books all snuggled. It was really nice and by the time we had finished he was very chilled out and ready for his nap.

Nicky, Harry, Sarah, Oliver and Amelie came over after lunch for a visit. It was really nice and we had a good old chin wag before everyone left, including us as we were due up Mum's for dinner.

Dinner was delicious! It was lamb chops with tons of vegetables. Ellis did really well with his dinner but I think the ice-cream gave him an ice-cream headache as he suddenly let out a huge cry, with tears.

I did a bit of Mum's puzzle which I really enjoyed doing and Leo slept in his chair by my feet. Ellis went out to the horse lorry with Grandad and just generally played around.

He did use the potty once and Nanny, Grandad and I all cheered him for being such a good boy.

3 nappy changes later, filled up bellies, packed up car and we were off home again. It's such a quick visit but I love it. Ellis gets really good attention from both Nanny and Grandad and I get to relax a little bit which is so good for me. Thanks Marmie and Dadio xxx

I got home late so didn't bother bathing the boys. Ellis didn't go to sleep until 8:45pm and Leo was still feeding at 8:15pm. I spent the rest of my evening cleaning up and preparing a packing list as we are off to Christchurch tomorrow. Rob has to work so he has asked us to go with him so that he can see us in the mornings and evening.

There is so much to pack and I have no idea where to start. This is my list:

CHANGING
Nappies - 6 per day for Ellis, 8 per day for Leo
Wipes - one pack
Nappy sacks
Cotton wool and buds
Changing Mat - the one from Leo's room
Changing bag/box

FEEDING
Muslin cloths x 2
Breast pads x 3 pairs
Ellis bibs - fabric and catcher
Ellis cup x 2
Snacks - biscuits, crackers, crisps
Bowl & Plate
Cutlery - not nice ones
Booster seat
Weetabix
Raisins
Milk
Bread
Butter
Fruit pots
Bananas
Cereal
Orange Juice

BATHTIME
Towels - soft one for Leo
Hairdryer
Wash stuff for kids
Toothbrush and paste
Pj's for both
Story book
Bath mat

CLOTHES
Clothes for Ellis - Jeans, t-shirts, shorts, swimming trunks, socks, shoes, sandals
Clothes for Leo - vests, grows, an outfit, socks, jacket
Blanket for Leo - with car seat
Waterproofs
Jacket/Jumper
Sun hat for both

SLEEPING
Travel cot - sheet for base, sleeping bag or blankets, Rabbit, pillow
Monitor
Moses or crib - fitted sheet, sheet, blanket

OTHER
Leo's chair
Potty
Toys
Books
My book
Rein
Sling
Buggy
Cranium
Camera - charged
Spare memory card
First aid kit - Calpol, plasters, Savlon, paracetamol
Sun cream

FOR ME & ROB
Shower gel, scrub
Shaver
Omega
Hairbrush
Toothbrush and Paste
Comfy clothes for me
Jeans for me and t-shirt
Clothes for Rob - him to sort
Socks
Pads for me
Pants
Boxers
Bra
Waterproof
Jacket

I'm quite worried about how it's all going to go but I'm sure it will be fine and I'm hoping it will be good practice as I plan to book a 4 day break in September/October time so I need to see what I'm letting myself in for.

Wasn't going to do the blog tonight but ended up doing a big entry, that actually didn't take me too long. Be back on Monday I expect as Sunday I will be too busy unpacking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails