Saturday 25 July 2009

Wee Wee Mummy

Yesterday morning, Ellis decided to potty train himself. I tried to change his nappy but he refused to let me put a new one on and wanted to just run around half naked. I didn't mind as I wasn't going anywhere and I casually told him to use the potty if he needed to wee.

He went in the potty 4 times! I couldn't believe it. He was getting more and more excited every time. We would carry the potty to the toilet, pour it in, pull the flush, wave and say "goodbye wee wee".

I then managed to get him to wear a pull up for a bit. He was playing and then ran to the potty saying wee wee Mummy. I checked to see if he had done one in the nappy but he hadn't yet so I whipped them down and he did a wee in the potty again. I was so pleased with him.

When it was time for his nap he asked for a nappy to be put back on again. Very strange but all good fun and really filled up the morning.

While Ellis was napping Leo and I enjoyed some time together.



When Leo went to sleep I watched the rain and tidied up the kitchen.



Once Ellis had woken up, I gave him some lunch and then we watched a spider eating his/hers. (Sorry Mum)



Rob would be working late and we had arranged to meet the girls at the local soft play centre.

We arrived first and Ellis was really nervous. He wouldn't venture out at all. Once Charlotte and Faith arrived, he was off. Luckily Charlotte put him down the slide so he was soon really confident and running around. He even dived into the ball pool.

Charlotte had cuddles with Leo and I ran around with Ellis. It was a very strange feeling to be able to actually dive on the balls, climb up ladders etc as last time I was there I could barely move - I was about 38 weeks pregnant.

We left a little before the others as we were going food shopping.

I managed to get a good parking space and there was one appropriate trolley waiting for me.

Everything went smoothly. I managed to get nearly everything I needed and made it home in one sweaty piece.

I put the boys to bed as usual and sat watching rubbish on the computer before hitting the sack myself.

Leo woke for an early feed so I knew it would be a busy night. Then Rob came in at 1:15am so that woke me up. Then he eventually came to bed, coughing, sneezing and fidgeting, which disturbed me and Leo, which in turn means I have to feed Leo again. I eventually got a bit of sleep but was woken up early again by Ellis calling me to "find Thomas".

I was so tired today that I feel like I have floated through the day in a daze. I have been stuttering and slurring my words, saying the wrong things etc and just generally being rather floppy.

To my horror, I accidentally cut the top of Leo's thumb when cutting his nails, and I managed to hit Ellis in the mouth at one point.

Ellis also fell down bump today when he fell back in his chair from the kitchen table. He has been pushing himself back from the table for a while now and we always try to stop him and tell him he will hurt himself. Well, today he did it and I saw it all happen in slow motion. Apparently I shrieked at the point of impact but I couldn't get there in time to catch him. The scary thing was, he didn't cry, he just went very quiet. A bit shocked I think. He didn't go pale or complain of any pain and was talking and walking fine, he even ate all his dinner. I said to Rob, if he is sick we have to go straight to the hospital. Having kiddies is very scary sometimes.

Rob got up reasonably early which was nice. He missed breakfast but sat and read to Ellis which he loved.



In the afternoon we just went out to the shops to pick up a couple of things. We did go into Toys R Us for a bit and Ellis had fun running around and finding all the Thomas toys.

The boys were bathed and in bed by 7pm. I so hope Ellis sleeps past 5:30am tomorrow. I'm going to smother him if not!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails