Thursday 16 July 2009

Christmas came early!

Busy day today, so thought I better do the blog tonight so that I don't have too much to do after the weekend, although a busy weekend is planned so I may have to do another one tomorrow.

The day started off quite suddenly as Rob phoned the house phone and woke me up with a shock. He had assumed that I had got up when he left as both boys were awake, but Leo usually falls asleep again in bed with me and Ellis lies quietly for a bit. He is such a good boy that I shouldn't really complain when he has an off day.

Leo chilled for about 2 minutes on his play mat but then got restless so I spent most of the morning carrying him around while trying to make a packed lunch, hang out washing etc.



Ellis went up for his nap early but didn't go to sleep until 10:50am and I wanted to let him have an hour before I woke him up to go to Sophie's house. I was due there at 11:30 though so I was going to be late.

We arrived just after 12:15 which wasn't bad going, but I do think Ellis was rather dazed by being dragged out of bed, dressed and slung in the car.

Sarah, Oliver and Amelie arrived soon after us and the boys set about playing with various trains and trucks. Leo on the other hand was making small talk with Amelie.



It wasn't long before we sat the toddlers up to the table for some lunch. They all behaved really well and had quite a laugh having their pictures taken.





I had a relaxing time sat in a rocking chair, and Leo loved it too, so much so that he fell asleep within seconds.





The older kiddies started to get a bit frantic at one point so a Thomas The Tank Engine DVD was put on to calm things down. Ellis thought Christmas had come early!







We left around 4pm and by the time we got home, it was tipping down! It was so bad that we sat in the car on the drive for a bit.

Ellis was really sad as we pulled into the drive as he thought we were going to Nanny and Grandad's house. I tried to explain to him that they were coming to see us but it didn't really work.

Nanny and Grandad came to pick us up as we were going to the local Italian restaurant for some dinner.

We arrived a little bit too early and it wasn't open yet so Ellis played around in the rain for a bit.





We all had a lovely meal and chat but we couldn't really stay too long as the kids needed to get home for their bath.











Nanny helped to bath the babies and then Grandad read the story again. Ellis was so tired that he could barely help Grandad to read which he loves to do. Basically you start the sentence in the book and he finishes it.

Leo had a small feed and then whinged a bit before going off to sleep, all on his own! I am so happy about that, I just hope it continues.

Ellis dropped off straight away too so I was one happy Mummy. I had my shower, made myself a cuppa and did this blog. It's 9:45pm now so I should really go to bed but I'm going to watch something to switch off for a bit.

Another busy day tomorrow. Looking after Iestyn in the morning for a couple of hours and Sarah and Toby are coming over too. Then after lunch we are going to a soft play place for Ellis to run around. Hopefully Daddy will join us too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails