Wednesday 15 July 2009

Escalator

Tuesday morning, me and the boys relaxed at home. The builders had come to do the en-suite so we couldn't go out, even if we wanted to.





Ellis had been awake since about 5:30am so was acting out a bit by the time I put him down for his nap. He had been quite hard work really and I phoned my Mum to see if she was coming over as I could have done with a break, but she had other things planned unfortunately.

Changing mat time is always a good chance to have a chat with my youngest.







After some lunch we went over to Sharon and Sophie's house for Mummy afternoon. Sharon had bought some lush cookies and cakes which I promptly tucked into while she had a cuddle.





We all stayed in as the weather wasn't that great and Ellis started to play up again. He kept pushing everyone and Faith went flying at one point. I was not impressed and made him sit by me for most of the afternoon.

It was a really nice afternoon and I had nice cuddles with Leo which I don't normally do as I am usually running around after Ellis.







Ellis was still being naughty just before we left and when we got home, I had this to contend with.



At one point they were both screaming and I just did my best to ignore them, while trying to eat my dinner.

Bath and bed time could not come soon enough. I was very pleased to put Ellis to bed and he must have been tired as I didn't hear a peep out of him. Leo on the other hand took ages to go to sleep but he did sleep through to 3:15am.

While Ellis and I had our breakfast, Leo chilled in his chair watching us.



I spent a long time in the morning just sat on the floor playing with Ellis. I was hoping that the extra Mummy time might help us to avoid another day like the one before. It seemed to work and he was really good all morning. I think it helped that I got more sleep the night before too.

As soon as I put Ellis up to bed for his nap, Leo woke up. I didn't mind and it was nice to have some one-on-one time with him as well. I would like to try and do that more often really.



It was a mad rush once Ellis woke from his nap as I had to get him his lunch, feed Leo, get them both changed, dressed and in the car. Nanny helped with some bits of course which is always very welcome.

We had a busy afternoon planned and lists were filling our pockets with things we had to do. We went to the big shops first and picked up my ring that had been repaired, bought some birthday cards, presents and made a wish in the fountain. Ellis threw the coin in and then wanted to do it again. I said only one wish a year.

We also stopped in the Early Learning Centre and bought Ellis a few birthday presents. He loved it in there but was really good when it was time to leave.

My Mum carried Leo in the sling at one point but I forgot to get a picture. It wasn't really done properly and I think she found it uncomfortable.

We zoomed back to Ikea where Ellis experienced his first time on an escalator. He seemed to love it.



We went straight to the cafe for drinks and a snack before grabbing a couple of things and then going to Tesco. I ran in the store on my own to pick up a photo album and then the next stop was Sainsbury's.

We put the kids in a trolley and Mum legged it around the store to pick up all the bits she wanted.

We got home, unloaded and Mum left straight away.

Rob made it home just as I was putting Ellis' pyjamas on and he sat on the bed with us to read the story. It is the same story that I have been reading every night since Grandad and Nanny bought it for him 2 and a bit weeks ago!

Leo didn't take too long to go off and I spent the evening chatting to Rob and blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails