Wednesday 29 July 2009

Mid Week Roast

Even though Ellis' groups aren't running, we seem to have lots of things still to do.

Tuesday morning started off with Leo weeing on my clean bed! I stripped him and the bed and put some washing on.

Then Ellis decided to potty train himself again so I spent the next part of the morning cheering, emptying the potty and then doing it all over again.

Mummy afternoon was at Charlotte and Faith's house. Faith was in bed until half an hour before we left so I didn't manage to get a picture of her but I did of everyone else.















A nice time was had by all and we were home just after 5pm.

Leo chilled out while I made dinner and it was soon time for bath and bed. This also now involves more cheering and potty emptying as Ellis uses his potty either before or after his bath. It's really good and he loves doing it.









This morning was a very early start. Ellis woke up at 4:50am! I managed to ignore him for a bit but Leo woke up too so I had to get up. I felt sick and had a headache from the lack of sleep and I knew I wouldn't be able to get a nap in during the day so wasn't too happy to start with.

Ellis did the usual potty training thing which seems to have become a bit of a routine. He does lots of little wees and then asks for a nappy on to do a poo. He will not let me put pants on or pull ups so I don't know what the next step is. I'm just going to let him lead me I think.



Ellis was feeling left out with me taking close up pictures of Leo so he asked me to take a picture of his foot. He was very impressed.



The phone rang and I knew it would be my Mum so I gave the phone to Ellis. He promptly turned around and walked off to sit on the sofa with it. He then proceeded to have a lovely conversation and wouldn't give the phone back to me. He said goodbye, I love you, see you soon and when I finally got the phone, she had gone! It was so funny and he loved it.

Just before Ellis went up for his nap, he was being really nice to Leo so I thought I would capture the moment. They look so sweet together and I couldn't decide which picture I liked best so I have posted all of them.







Vivien came to see us in the morning. We had a lovely long chat while Ellis and Leo were sleeping. They both woke up at a similar time and Vivien spent time with them reading and playing.



At lunch time Ellis suddenly said he needed a wee wee. I got him out of his booster seat, took off his nappy and he did a wee in his potty. We were both so pleased that we jumped up and down. This is then followed by him helping me to carry the potty to the loo, tipping it in, waving bye bye, pulling the flush and washing our hands.

At 2:30pm the health visitor came over to assess Ellis. She immediately said he speech was brilliant and was quite surprised that he stayed in the living room chatting with her while I changed Leo's nappy in the kitchen.

She ran through lots of questions with me and was very pleased with everything. We talked a lot about schools etc and I mentioned how he trips up sometimes and then limps and is unable to bear weight on one of his legs, so he is being referred to a physiotherapist. I also mentioned the fact that a couple of people had said that they thought he looked a bit pigeon toed. She didn't agree but said that their feet will be monitored up until they are 8 so any problems will be picked up.

She was here for 2 hours and it was still tipping with rain so I decided to stay in. We played, danced, sang, messed around and just generally had fun.

Then for some reason I got it in my head that I was going to cook a roast dinner! I have no idea why, but I did it. I was sweating by the time I had finished and Leo was not particularly happy with being left for so long. The poor little thing likes to have lots of feeds from about 5pm onwards as he gets himself ready for going to bed. It is a tricky time and I could have done with not making a meal. We all survived though.



Bath time was frantic as I was running behind schedule. Uncle Dave was here so he helped out a bit but to be honest I have such a good routine now that I am actually quite quick at doing it all on my own. It's bloody hard work though and such a mad rush but I get it done.

Rob arrived home just after I had finished reading to Ellis but he read to him again and had a quick chat before putting him in bed.

Rob then showered, ate his dinner, got his clothes ready for tomorrow and did some car stuff with Uncle Dave.

I fed Leo a few times and tried to settle him. I was downstairs by about 8:15pm and did blogging until now. Phew! I'm shattered so off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails