Thursday 9 July 2009

Gooey

Wednesday morning started off very lazy. Leo was still snoozing at 8am.







He later found his thumb and continued to snooze downstairs.



He then decided to wake up when Ellis went for his nap so I was kept busy until my Mum arrived.

We drove down to Music with Mummy as I needed to do some shopping and it looked like it was going to rain too.

It was the last class of the term and we don't start again until September which is ages away! Ellis was really good and very outspoken which was quite funny as he kept copying Debs.

We were supposed to stop for a quick drink in Sainsbury's but we ended up staying quite a while and rushed around after doing the shopping.

Leo slept in the trolley and Ellis was bugging Mum playing with her zip on her cardigan so I pushed them around.

I bathed Ellis and Daddy came home in time to do story time while I fed Leo.

I then went out for the evening to Nic's house for a book party. I ate cookies and crisps and bought a few books for Ellis' birthday.

Leo spent his time sleeping and having cuddles.

As soon as I got home, I changed Leo's nappy, fed him and put him to bed. He went straight back to sleep.

Today was hectic. I forgot the builders were coming to sort out the en-suite in the morning and it wasn't long after that, that my active birthing Mummy friends started to arrive.

I only managed to take a few pictures but I love the one of Leo smiling at Sophie with Maggie's hand on his head.





We put on a good spread for lunch and the boys pretty much played in the garden while the babies had cuddles and naps.













Ellis did well with all the company although at one point he was being very mean to Maggie. I think he just really likes her. He said sorry but then continued to pull her hair so I had to put him in the hallway for a time out. It seemed to work and from then on he was fine.

Leo behaved amazingly well and pretty much slept the entire time. He did have a couple of feeds but just went back to sleep. When he was awake he seemed very content on kicking his toys that hang from his chair.



The girls helped me to clear up before they made their way home. It was very hard work trying to get out of the door as the stair gate kept getting in the way.

I had the kids in the car and was on my way up to my Mum's house, while Sophie was still getting ready to go. I hope they didn't feel like I was pushing them out the door as I really had a nice time today. I wasn't too stressed which was great. The girls all help out which makes it so much easier.

On the way to my Mum's, Ellis kept saying that he made Maggie cry and that he was sorry. It was very cute but a bit late in the day.

Mum prepared us some lush dinner and we all sat at the table together. Ellis was rather excited to be at Nanny and Grandad's house so he played up a little bit while eating, but overall he has been a really good boy for a while now. I hope it continues, forever!

Leo fell asleep in Nanny and Grandad's arms while they were dancing around to some music that Ellis had kindly put on, but it was soon time to leave.

I arrived home around 7pm, gave Ellis a quick wash and put him to bed.

The en-suite was a mess so I decided to have a bath, which is quite impossible when you have a newborn who keeps crying because of wind or wanting more food. I managed to have a very quick soak before getting out to top Leo up.

It took me a while to get him to stay in bed but by 9pm I was downstairs blogging and watching, So You Think You Can Dance.

I'm really looking forward to having Rob home tomorrow. I really could do with the help, even though my Mum has been fantastic recently. I've said I would treat her to a meal next week as a small thank you.

I've started to collect the Sun tokens so that we can go on holiday in September. If anyone has any that they don't want, then please pass them on.

I've also been looking into schools and pre-schools for Ellis. It is so hard to work out what to do! Will hopefully get something sorted out soon. I can't believe that it is already that time when I have to actually think about it. He is still my baby!

I so love my boys! I cannot put into words how I feel about them. They make me feel so amazing when I look at them. In Sainsbury's on Wednesday, I couldn't stop kissing them and just grinning. It makes your heart melt. You would only feel this way about your own children and it is indescribable. I would love to add to my brood one day.

Having said that, there are days when you could strangle them! But in a nice way. ;o)

Off to bed now as I am exhausted and my job is never done as Leo will probably feed around 2am, then again at 5, 6, 7 and 8. Greedy little bugger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails