Wednesday 1 July 2009

Hot and Cranky

Today was the hottest day so far and it wasn't very nice. I opened all the windows and the back door and the fan was on, but it didn't make much difference.

We were supposed to go to the library in the morning to meet up with some Mummies for a buggy walk. I was so not in the mood for it and really wanted to get a nap at the same time as Ellis so I sent a text to Caroline apologising for my absence.

Ellis woke up quite late and I tried to encourage him to eat some salmon rolls that I had prepared but he wasn't interested. I ended up eating all of it. He did manage to scoff some olives, crisps and some cheese though.

Shortly after it was time to go to Music with Mummy. My Mummy wasn't coming with us today so I had planned to get ready early so that I had spare time just in case anything cropped up.

To start with I topped Leo up with a feed, winded him and changed his nappy. Then I got Ellis dressed and cleared up from lunch. I sorted out the changing bag, got the buggy in from the car and set it up again as it wasn't in the right formation. I then had to change Leo's nappy again as he had done a huge poo, and then I thought we were ready. I put Ellis' shoes on and went to put him in the buggy when he said "poo, Mummy". I got him out again, changed his nappy, by which time Leo was crying to the point where his tongue was warbling.

I then loaded them both into the buggy, ran around the house shutting windows, locking the back door and turning the fan off. I grabbed the bags and left. To say I was hot and bothered was an understatement.

We arrived just on time and I took the buggy into the room with me as I thought it would be easier. Usually we leave it in the buggy room and walk in. It was better though as a fan was on and I turned Leo toward the moving air as he was very hot.

Ellis was an Angel and I had no need to worry, luckily. I expect it was the heat and he couldn't be bothered to run around. Leo did wake up though so I held him and Debs did the hurray swing at the end.

At the end Ellis was really good being put into his buggy as usually he likes to walk or run off out of the hall. We walked to Sainsbury's, bumping into Caroline on the way. She didn't realise that it was the 1st today so didn't go to the buggy walk either.

Sainsbury's was lovely. It was so cool, I wanted to stay in there all day. The cafe was quite quiet so we grabbed our drinks and had a nice chill out session.

We did a little bit of shopping before Leo woke up so I thought it was best to get home quickly.

Once home I got the shopping out, ran around opening all the windows, back door and putting the fan on before getting the kids in the house and folding up the buggy and putting it back in the car.

I was in need of a rest but it didn't happen. Ellis and Leo were both demanding some attention so I had to oblige, seeing as I am trying to be a loving, caring and wonderful mother!

Then between 5pm and 6pm it was havoc! I had cooking on the go, feeding and changing Leo, feeding and changing Ellis, trying to eat my dinner, and Ellis pooed and it went everywhere and then to top it off the ASDA man arrived early with the shopping.

That short paragraph does not do it justice as an explanation of what I went through.

Unfortunately I took it out on Rob as the ASDA man had said he had spoken to my husband about delivering the food early. It wasn't due until 8pm.





Poor Leo had cried himself hoarse so I was feeling very guilty and sorry for him and I didn't know what to do to get everything sorted out. It wasn't a good time and I was at breaking point. I managed though, even finding time to do the short video and picture for the blog.

It was pretty much bath time by the time I had got things half sorted out, i.e, cleaned up Ellis and all the bolognese sauce (which covered his legs, nappy, arms, face, hair, hands, his chair, the table, floor and chair next to him), put freezer and fridge food away and changed Leo again.

I left Ellis in a cool bath for ages while I fed Leo. I know it sounds like I feed Leo all the time but unfortunately I pretty much do. His feeds are often disturbed so he goes on, comes off then wants to go back on quite quickly after. It isn't his fault it's just the situation he is in. I don't blame him for crying all the time. At one point this morning I carried him around in the sling as he wouldn't stop crying and I had to get Ellis' lunch sorted out.

Rob arrived home and held Leo while I finished bath time. Ellis read with Daddy while I had a shower and then I bathed and fed Leo again. I put him down in his bed for the first time after so that we can start to get him into some sort of routine. I don't know how well that is going to go, but so far it is OK. I put him down at 7:30pm and it is now 10:40pm. He usually wakes for a feed anywhere between now and 11:30pm then again at 1am or 2am and then 5am. We are then up by 7am.

Rob helped me to finish off the putting away of food and clearing up the rest of the mess. I put 2 loads of washing on over the course of the evening, expressed 2fl oz and did this blog while checking on the boys.

Rob said I was a good Mum and wife but later asked why I was so cranky, was it the heat or something! My temperature went up a little higher but I tried to let it go as I didn't want to have an argument about it. I sometimes think I should moan more when I have a bad day, but I know he has it hard too and I don't want us both whinging at each other.

I'm still just trying to get on with everything and to not think about it all too much. It is working so far but of course I have my off days.

Tomorrow morning we have a landlord inspection, then antenatal Mums are coming over for tea and biscuits. I was hoping Mum would take Ellis swimming but she hasn't replied to my text message yet. We shall see.

Tomorrow isn't going to be so hot, so hopefully things will be a little bit easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails