Tuesday 30 June 2009

Staying Cool

Sunday morning Rob went off to the gym and me and the boys tried to stay cool at home.

Just after 12pm our friends from Cardiff arrived. Anna, Rick and Owain, who had broken his arm playing in his garden at home. He had a cool cast on.



We went to a local pub for some lunch and it was rather hectic. We sat in the garden on a bench which meant that Ellis couldn't eat his food properly as he was too far away. Rob fed Ellis and himself while I fed Leo and myself.

We stayed for a while and the kids had a run around before we left to go to the shops. We popped into Mothercare and then went straight home.

Monday morning is always hectic. We rushed out the door to our Sing and Sign class.

Ellis was really well behaved and sat by me just singing and signing away. Jane the teacher did comment on how well Ellis was speaking already. I was so proud of him.

Leo was hot and sweating in the car seat so I took him out and changed his outfit. This mean that he woke up and wanted a feed but I made him wait until we got home.

Ellis really enjoyed his fruit at lunchtime, even slurping out the remaining juice.



The rest of the day was spent just trying to stay cool at home.





Tuesday morning was again spent trying to remain cool. I'm really worried about Leo getting too hot as he is unable to control his temperature properly yet so he is constantly naked.



Leo is mainly awake from about 7am until 11:30am, so I try to keep him occupied with feeds, being winded, nappy changes and sitting him in his chair with his toys. The sitting in a chair rarely lasts more than 10 minutes though and I end up carrying him around in the crook of my arm.



I did my online food shopping while the boys had a nap and then after lunch we went to Charlotte and Faith's house for Mummy afternoon.

I haven't taken pictures for ages at a Mummy afternoon as I am usually feeding or holding Leo. It's a shame and I will try to do it more often.

We stayed for a nice long time and didn't get home until just after 5pm. I did dinner straight away and Ellis played in the garden with a bowl of water.

I bathed both the boys in the evening, not together yet but will do soon. I had a mare with the baby bath though as when I came to empty it, it tipped over and a huge wave of water went everywhere! It took forever to clear up and ate into my evening.

Leo managed to nap long enough for me to shower and then I watched a film which made a change for me.

I think tomorrow is going to be really, really hot and then it is going to cool down for the rest of the week.

Mum is away tomorrow so I have to take the boys to Music with Mummy on my own. I'm not worried but I know it will be hot, sweaty and tiring work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails