Saturday 27 June 2009

Very Tired

I have so much to type about! What a busy couple of days.

Friday started out pretty much the same as any other, having breakfast and messing around.

Leo was a month old so I took some facial shots, which I love.











Then after Ellis had a small nap, we went to visit my active birthing Mummies with their children.

I took a wrong turn on the way and it took a lot longer to get to Claire's house then it should have done. We made it eventually and walked into her beautiful house where lunch was already served.

I grabbed a plate of food for Ellis who was really good sitting up to the table and Leo chilled on the floor.





I didn't manage to get pictures of everyone, and I will try next time, but here is Sophie and her little girl Maggie tucking into some food.



The toddlers, Ellis, Piers, Oliver, Maggie, Roman and Isabella all played really well together. They had a lovely play room filled with cars, trains, books etc and a garden with a trampoline. Ellis found a bath filled with water and I caught him drinking it!

The Mummies sat around the kitchen table eating, drinking, feeding babies and chatting away. It was so nice and I could have stayed there all afternoon but unfortunately we had to leave as Ellis had Little Stars in the afternoon.

I shoved some cake in my mouth, booked a date for meeting at our house and then grabbed the kids and ran.

We made it on time to Little Stars and Daddy was already there waiting for us. Ellis was really excited to see Daddy.

I fed Leo while Daddy sat with Ellis to do the warm up routines.





Ellis was a ball of fun and energy at Little Stars. He wouldn't stop running around and we had a hard time keeping up with him. He did well in tiring himself out though.

We went straight home and had dinner before bath and bed time.

In the evening Leo can be quite demanding as he seems to struggle with trapped wind quite a lot. You end up going through a cycle of feeding, changing nappies, winding and walking around talking to him. I don't think it is colic as such but he is just uncomfortable. I bought some Infacol to see if that will help. Time will tell.

Saturday morning we all got up and had breakfast together.





After I had cleared up I brought a box of toy's down for Leo. Ellis obviously found the new things very interesting.



In the box was Burt. Ellis' first ever rattle. http://topflumps.blogspot.com/2007/10/busy-weekend.html

It was strange seeing Leo with it.



First stop of the day was to Auntie Lucy's. Ellis had woken up at 5am so I was expecting him to sleep in the car on our journey there but he was still awake when we arrived.

Ellis played with all the toys and spent some time out in the garden while I sat and had a chat with Lucy, Craig and Ashlee having cuddles with Leo.



We left at midday and we were very hungry. We had planned to go to a local fete but couldn't decide what to do as we were so hungry. We decided to go to the fete to see if we could grab some cake and then go for a meal after.

Ellis slept for less than 10 minutes in the car. We tried to transfer him to the buggy to carry on sleeping but he didn't like it and ended up sitting up. He was so tired by now.



Before we left this morning, we tried out a sling that Charlotte, Faith's Mummy had lent to us. It was actually very easy and comfortable. I don't think it is as intimate as my fabric sling but it is much, much easier and cooler for such a hot day. We ordered our own when we got home.





Rob carried Leo at the fete and I pushed Ellis.



There were a few stalls and some Alpacas on show. They were so sweet but smelly.



We eventually found something to eat, yummy ice-cream.







We carried on walking around looking at the lovely houses and browsing the stalls. Rob bought some cake and gooseberries, while Ellis and I played games on a lawn of a very posh house.







Leo remained asleep the entire time and at one point I thought Ellis was going to fall asleep while walking. He manged to stay awake and I was sure he would sleep in the car on the way to the restaurant but he didn't.



The food was great and after we were all stuffed we went home.

I remember thinking what a lovely day we have had and then I looked at the clock and realised that it was only just 3pm! We still had the whole afternoon to fill, and we did.

I got all the toys out the garage, filled up the paddling pool and put Ellis in his sun suit. He wasn't sure of it at first but soon forgot about it once he saw the water.





Leo was unimpressed and just sat chilling by the back door, enjoying the breeze.



Once Ellis had finished with the water, he tried to teach Daddy how do marching like Nanny. It was quite successful from what I saw.





I couldn't believe my little boy, who had been awake since 5am, was still going. He was totally worn out by dinner time, and this is the result.





The cutest thing ever! We washed his face and hands and put him straight to bed.

Rob and I spent our evening doing plaster casts of Leo's hand and foot and messing around on the computers.

Such a wonderful busy day, I enjoyed every minute. We have friends coming to visit tomorrow so another busy day ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails