Thursday 25 June 2009

Hectic Life

Leo was 4 weeks old on Tuesday so I took some pictures of him just chilling on his changing mat.











Wednesday morning was uneventful, other than Ellis talking to Leo about looking at the caterpillar. Very cute I thought.



We all went back to bed in the morning to try and catch up on some sleep and before we knew it, Nanny Rennolds was at the door helping us to get ready for Music with Mummy.

We walked down and it was really hot and we were running a little bit late, so arrived feeling a bit sweaty.

The group was good and Ellis did really well dancing like a doll and playing his drums. We then went to Sainsbury's for a nice cold drink.

We did a little bit of food shopping before walking back out in the sun.

I had promised Ellis that he could walk when we got to the park, and this seemed to tie in nicely with Leo crying very loudly as he needed a feed. I sent Nanny Rennolds on home with Leo while I walked/carried Ellis home.

Nanny entertained Ellis for a bit while I fed Leo and then soon it was time for her to go and for me to make dinner.

While I was making dinner, I turned around to find Ellis doing something very strange. He was lining up drink cans on the floor, but placing them in the boxes of the tile pattern, not on the lines. Weird.



Thursday morning the health visitor came over. She weighed Leo, who is now 9lb 13oz and went through a questionnaire with me.

Ellis went for his nap and I did some pottering around downstairs.

We had lunch, packed some bags and went to see Caroline, a new Mummy I met at my antenatal group.

We arrived a little bit late and I tried very hard to sit and relax, have a chat etc but unfortunately I just couldn't as there was so much stuff in the house that Ellis could just destroy! We stayed less than an hour before we got back in the car and went to Nanny Rennolds' house. Caroline is invited to mine next week so hopefully I can chill out a bit more.

We picked Nanny up and then went up the field to see the horses and chickens.





Ellis' favourite thing though was a car.



We watched Auntie Katie and Charley have a ride around the arena before going back to Nanny's house for dinner.

Ellis played in the garden for a bit and Leo had some nappy free time in the living room.





We all sat to the table and had some yummy dinner together. Ellis was really good and ate loads as usual. He really enjoyed sharing his ice-cream with Grandad.

We then went home, arriving a little later than normal.

I rushed around, bathing and putting Ellis to bed, feeding Leo a few times in between then having a shower while he cried on my bed. I fed him some more, got dried and dressed before going downstairs and clearing up the toys and plates etc. I then bathed Leo and fed him loads more until he finally went to sleep at 10:30pm! He is such a windy baby. I might try some Infacol to see if that will help a bit. I think he would be a rather content and happy baby if he didn't have pains all the time.

Feeling shattered now and can't believe how hectic life has become. I'm just not thinking about it and just getting on with it. It seems to be working so far.

Another busy day tomorrow. I have to take Leo's one month pictures, then we are going to an active birthing friend's house for lunch then back in time for Little Stars with Daddy hopefully.

We have a busy weekend planned too. Going to see Lucy and Craig on Saturday morning, going to Siston Fete around lunch time then on Sunday we have some friends over from Cardiff for a spot of lunch. Phew! I'm tired just typing about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails