Thursday 18 June 2009

Catch up time - Part 2

Monday 15th, I took both the boys to the Sing and Sign class. I only just manged to arrive on time, which is actually quite good I think.

Ellis just wasn't in the mood for it and Leo was constantly harassed by snotty nosed, coughing, sneezing children. I was glad that I made it but was also happy to get home.

Tuesday morning the boys, (I'm still not used to that), messed around and I took pictures and videos.











Then before Mummy afternoon, I decided I was going to try to brave the supermarket and take both of them on my own.

It actually worked out okay. I managed to get a car parking space right by the trolley bay, so I picked up the correct trolley and loaded them into it. Shopping is now no longer a pop in and grab trip.





Things went really well but I did end up running late for Mummy afternoon as I had to drop some food off at home to put it into the fridge. I was still very chuffed with myself though.

Everyone sat in the garden playing which was really nice. It was a bit frantic at times as I was generally trapped sitting down feeding.









Anna was a monkey and tried to give us all heart attacks by standing at the top of the slide.



Wednesday morning the health visitor came over. She recognised us from when Ellis was a baby and I used to go and get him weighed.

She stayed for a long time chatting through things and weighed Leo again too. He is now 9lb!

Mum came over in the afternoon and we drove down to Music with Mummy as Mum had loads of food shopping to do. It was actually a lot easier, even though we had to get in and out a few times. It was raining too so we probably wouldn't have walked anyway.

We had our usual tea break in Sainsbury's and Naomi had a cuddle with Leo.



After lots of shopping we arrived home and I managed to make a meal, while putting up with Ellis acting out, Leo screaming and the phone going. I kept my cool, although I'm sure more steam was coming out of my ears than the saucepan.

Rob's parents and brother came over in the evening and they brought over a new play mat for Leo. I had thrown Ellis' away as it had faded and stuff.



Leo liked it I think, but I'm sure he is going to have to share it with Ellis.





Uncle Dave did the bath and bed routine which was fab as I was able to clear up downstairs and feed Leo before I went out.

I went out to see my Line Dancing crew. It was so nice to see them all and they had cuddles and said how well I was looking. Are Ange was well pleased to see me which was lovely. I had a nice time and wanted to stay longer but needed to get back home to bath Leo and go to bed myself.



Thursday was a busy day. The morning was spent doing the usual things, messing around, chilling, playing etc. Ellis showed Leo his little men.







Then finally Ellis went to sleep but I had to wake him up just short of an hour as we were going to Sophie's house. Sophie was in my active birthing class and she has a little girl called Maggie, and her second baby is due on Ellis' birthday.

It wasn't just Sophie there. Others turned up too and we all sat around chatting, drinking and eating while the kids played nicely together.















Then we went u to Nanny and Grandad Rennolds' house, just for a visit and to drop off a card and gift for my Dad.

Ellis did colouring with Nanny.



Played on the piano, and finally gave Mummy some cuddles. He has been a bit off at the moment, which isn't surprising.




He looks like me a bit!

Of course Grandad had cuddles too and Nanny did an excellent job of feeding Ellis while I relaxed feeding Leo in a comfy chair.





Once home, I showered Ellis in the bath, which was a bit of a novelty for him and put him to bed nice and early. He didn't take too long to settle.

Leo was sleeping well so I got in the shower, before spending the whole evening doing the blog entry before this one. It was horrendous as it kept messing around. It took me forever and at one point I wanted to cry! Glad it is done now, although not how I wanted it to be.

I'm up-to-date, yay! I want to stay that way too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails