Monday 13 July 2009

Gutted

Unfortunately my computer has had a slight problem and I have lost some photos and videos. Hopefully it is only temporary but if it isn't then I am going to be slightly more than upset.

I have however still got the photos from Friday onwards so I can do the blog - yay!

Friday morning, Caroline and Angus came over for a visit. I asked her to come over at 10:30am so that I could put Ellis to bed and we could sit and chat in peace. It worked out rather well.

Ellis and I had lunch, the remains of the spread put out on Thursday, and then we just messed around until it was time for Little Stars, the last one until September!



We were there on time and Rob arrived soon after.

Ellis was really good again, and even went under and on the parachute that he usually hates!

As we were leaving, Ellis always goes up to Lucy (she helps out at the class) to say goodbye and this week was no different. They have grown quite close over the weeks so we were sad to hear that Lucy is going to University in September and so wont be around any more.

I asked her to have a photo taken with Ellis and she shed a few tears as we said how much he would miss her. He always talks about her whenever you mention Little Stars or Steve the main teacher. She said she would pop in every now and then so hopefully we will see her soon.



We popped into Sainsbury's on the way home for some dinner, after which the boys had some chill out time.









I attempted to take a family picture by propping the camera up but as you can see, it didn't work well at all.




Good job I have a very long neck!



Saturday morning, Rob went out and once Ellis was having a nap, I relaxed with Leo, who also snoozed for all of 5 minutes!









Rob came back and we had lunch and it wasn't long before we had to get ready for Anna's party.

I dressed Ellis up in new jeans and a shirt. He looked so smart and I couldn't get over how much he has grown! When did my little boy get so big!?



We walked around to the party as it was only around the corner. Rob had Leo in the sling and I walked with Ellis who was using his umbrella for the first time. He looked so cute but it made for slow progress as he couldn't walk very fast with it. Picture to follow as Sally took it for me.

The party was great and everyone had a really good time. Ellis enjoyed playing pass the parcel and so did I as I pinched a chocolate button!





I tried to video Anna blowing out her candles on her cake but unfortunately I was led to believe that the cake was going on the table and not in the living room so I was unable to get a clear view.



Iestyn had a good time by the looks of things.



We stayed quite late and as soon as we got in we went straight upstairs to bath and put the kids to bed.

Leo had slept most of the afternoon so I was expecting him to not want to sleep. He did go down okay but I had possibly the worst night with him. I lost count after 5 times and one nappy change. The whole night just merged into one, although I didn't hear the heavy rain around midnight so must have got some shut eye.

I was very tired on Sunday morning and so Rob got up. At first he got up with only Ellis and I'm sure he went straight downstairs and onto the sofa for a little bit of a snooze but I just really needed to try and get an hour in before the day began so I asked him to have Leo too. It didn't last that long though as Leo had 2 feeds between 7 and 9:30 which is when I got up anyway.

Just after 11:30, Nanny and Grandad George and Uncle Dave came over for a visit. Ellis was napping so Nanny had cuddles with Leo for a bit.



It wasn't long before Ellis joined everyone else and had fun going between everyone asking them to read his new Thomas books that Nanny had bought for him.







We all watched the Grand Prix and then straight after it was time to leave for Faith's party.

We didn't walk this time as it is a little bit further away and we were running late.



Leo was fine until I took him out of his car seat which is when he started crying. He pretty much cried on and off all afternoon, but he did enjoy some cuddles of course. I had no idea what was wrong with him. I checked his nappy, fed him, winded him, cuddled him, and eventually wrapped him up a bit. I think he just wanted to sleep.



The kids played lovely in the garden where all the toys were.



We then all got together to pass on our Secret Santa gifts that we had bought for each other. Ellis received a Thomas hat, a box of Thomas puzzles and a t-shirt. Thank you Secret Santa Sophie ;o)





Faith's Daddy made an amazing cake. It tasted really good too, especially the icing.



We arrived home and we were just putting the kettle on when Nanny and Grandad Rennolds popped in. They had bought Ellis an alphabet puzzle and he loved it and Leo got a stackable dog called Puck.

Rob was messing around with his car number plates so Nanny helped me to bath the babies.

Leo was asleep by 7pm which I think is a first for him, so fingers crossed the routine may be working.

Ellis then requested that Grandad read the bedtime story, which he did.





Mum and Dad left straight after and I had a bath before chilling out shortly before I went to bed myself.

Rob stayed up for a while working on some things, one of them being the hand and foot casts. He finished Leo's and put it next to Ellis' for me to see in the morning. I think they look great.





Monday mornings are always a bit of a rush as we have to get to Sing and Sign by 9:45am, on top of that Leo got me up at least 4 times during the night and Ellis was awake at 4:30am. I didn't get up until 6:30am though.

Sing and Sign this week was the last one for Ellis. I am hoping to take Leo when he is a bit older but it was still sad to say goodbye to Jane the teacher. Ellis loves her too.



There was an animal theme today so Ellis wore his lion t-shirt and took his lion teddy with him too. Leo had the monkey rattle, which we call Monk. Leo was allowed a sticker today as he was awake for part of it.



We got home just gone 11 and I put Ellis up for his nap straight away. He stayed there for 2 1/2 hours but Leo wasn't exactly letting me have some free time. I have so many serene pictures of Leo, I thought I would post some pictures of the other side of him.







Ellis woke up on his own at around 1:30pm and we sat and had lunch together.

We had to stay in for the afternoon as we were expecting some men to come around to fix the en-suite. Unsurprisingly, they didn't show up.

I popped out to the Sainsbury's petrol station to get some milk but they were closed so we ended up going into the main shop. This seems like quite an easy thing to do but Ellis didn't have shoes on, it was raining and I didn't have the sling in the car either. Luckily I got a parking space right by the door so I was able to get a good trolley and get them in the store very quickly.

I did a bit of shopping, bumping into Sally, Anna, Sarah, Oliver and Toby on my travels before rushing home for dinner time.

I have been recently encouraging Ellis to use the potty or at least talk about using it as I am soon going to attempt potty training. He is already copying his Daddy though as you can see.



Bath and bed time was a success again too. Leo was asleep by 7 and I had Ellis in bed not long after.

I was able to have a soak in the bath and a read of my book before going downstairs to do some blogging.

Ellis was still kicking his bed at 8:50pm and at one point screamed which woke Leo up. I was not impressed but after a quick top up feed, Leo went back to sleep.

I am so tired, my eyes are almost sticking shut so I need to go to bed. I only hope that tonight is better than the last 2. Rob is away so there is a bit more room in the bed if I choose to bring Leo in with me. It's just easier that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails