Monday 21 May 2012

Smashing Time!

I have no idea what I did with my day on Friday 18th May, obviously not very exciting whatever it was.

I did do the swimming lesson on my own and Ellis was told off by his teacher for the first time! I never ever thought he would be told off for spending too much time under the water! :o)

We had dinner in the cafe after and I went home and got them all in their pyjamas.  I then loaded them back into the car so that I could give Rob a lift into town as he was going out for a curry and some drinks with friends.




The next morning, Rob was ill.  He stayed in bed, being ill, and I got up with the boys.  Oscar was up really early which is unlike him.

I then had to take all 3 of them with me again, to another swimming lesson! I wasn't impressed.  Luckily the boys were really good for me.

I went to Tesco after to pick up a few items for our upcoming holiday and then I drove to McDonalds to feed the boys.




In their Happy Meals, they got little animal gardens to grow some cress.  I thought it was a brilliant idea, and luckily they each had a different animal.  I set them up with the boys and they watered them and thought it was ace!





Ellis had the wise owl and Leo had the hedgehog.

Rob finally surfaced and managed to cut the grass too.

On Sunday Rob and Ellis went out for a bike ride and I took Leo and Oscar to Costco to shop.  I love going there but I always spend way too much!

In the evening Rob did  a practice run of putting the bikes on the roof of the car.  We have a Land Rover so it's really high up and then you add a roof rack, it was tricky and I helped a little to get them up but then when taking them down, Rob slipped! He hurt himself and dropped the bike on top of the car.  Inspecting the damage, all we could see was a little nick out of the roof rail which wasn't a worry.

I think Rob was a bit shaken as he did hurt himself but was relieved to have not done any major damage to himself or the car.

I went to yoga and Rob put the boys to bed.  I didn't do very well though as I think I was coming down with a cold.

Monday morning was cold and so was I.  I wasn't well which isn't great, ever, as it makes everything so much harder.   Add to that, the fact that Mum wasn't coming over to help and I felt like crawling back into bed.  No such luck, have to keep going.

I put the boys in the car to take them to Sing and Sign, and Leo says, "what's that on the ceiling Mummy?", I look up to see spider cracks all across the alpine roof! Oh no!  As it was raining, and nothing was coming in I assumed it would be okay to use the car, so I carried on as normal but let Rob know.

Leo was good at Sing and Sign and joined in and sat by me which was great as I thought he was going to be a pain.

We went to Jolly Babies in the afternoon and Leo took his baby and buggy with him again.  It's so cute.

One of the Mum's, Ali, Thomas' mum could see at school drop off that I wasn't feeling well, so she text me during the day to say that she would pick Ellis up, give him dinner, take him dancing and drop him off later.  How lovely is that!  I was so grateful and I knew Ellis would have a fab time.

I chilled at home with Leo and Oscar until Ellis came home.





The relaxing continued once Ellis was home.  He played on the iPad, played in the garden etc, while I sorted out our small amount of washing!




No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails