Saturday 26 May 2012

Green Present - Leo is 3!

I had a lovely shopping day on Friday.  I dropped Leo off at preschool and went straight to the shops.  Oscar eventually fell asleep in the buggy so that left me with time to try on some clothes and I bought a few items.  One of my favourite purchases was a bag I bought myself for my birthday.


It looks small in the picture but it is actually quite big and I can't find anything in it!  Pretty though.

Uncle Dave came over to help with the swimming lesson, which is always nice, but for a change I said I would go and could he stay and feed the boys.  He was happy with that, and I had an ace time watching Ellis  and then after I went to Tesco to buy a couple more bits for him for our holiday.  A grey jacket, some navy boat shoes and some t-shirts. 

When we got home though it was havoc!  Oscar's dinner was on the floor and Leo hardly ate anything.  I don't think Uncle Dave will stay to do dinner time again. :o(

I sorted them out and got them all to bed and then Uncle Dave and Rob got on with setting up Leo's birthday present, a 14ft trampoline.



I cleared up the living room and got the usual things ready for the birthday boy.



And the other boys carried on doing the trampoline.



The finished trampoline, taken first thing in the morning.



On the morning of his birthday we were all up nice and early and downstairs quickly as we wanted to see what Leo thought of his green present. It didn't totally work as planned.


We eventually got him to see it.


My 3 year old!

We were all out in the garden on the new trampoline by 7:30am! It was wicked fun, and we all loved it.









We eventually had breakfast and then there was some present opening.



Ellis had his swimming lesson and Rob decided to cycle with Ellis to the leisure centre.  Unfortunately the bar that holds Ellis' bike to Rob's bike, came loose and they ended up having to walk a long way!  Ellis, poor thing, was so tired but did well to walk.

Ellis missed his lesson but Harriet, the teacher, managed to fit him in slightly later, which worked out perfectly.  Leo's party was due to start at 1, so Ellis managed to have some lunch, do his lesson and get to the party, just after it had started.

Leo's party was really good fun.  It was nice to have his friends there from preschool and gym class.  He was so happy and it worked out really well.




































The party was 45 minutes long, but I had brought a cake along too, so we all went to the cafe to sing and eat some cake.


Everyone sang to me too which was embarrassing but really nice at the same time.

I handed out the party bags and most people took off.  A few of us stayed behind though and sat out in the park area, enjoying the sun, eating cake and just chilling out and having a really nice time.  I really enjoyed it and I was chilled out for a change.  I ate loads of cake, which I had forgotten to take a picture of, so this is the best I can do.  I must point out I didn't eat all of the cake, most of it was given to the children.


Rob and Ellis cycled back to Wayne and Nic's house for Ella's 4th birthday party and I scooted home to grab some stuff first, but soon joined them.  I was a bit silly really as both Oscar and Leo were falling asleep in the car and I should have drove around for a bit to make sure they did snooze as Oscar was misserable at the party because he was hungry and tired.  Too tired to eat, but too hungry to snooze.  I did try.

We had a really good time though.  I was overly happy from Leo's party and the sit in the park, so I joined in with the party and had tons of fun.  The boys had a good time too.  Food, games, dancing, races, running around, and face painting.





I'm an Alien!






We stayed quite late as everyone was having such a good time, and I didn't want our birthday's to end.

I bathed the boys when we got home as they had sun cream on, had been sweating, and I just wanted them to chill a bit before bed.

Ellis got home later as he cycled back with Daddy and he ended staying up really late eating and reading Charlie and the chocolate factory.

Once all the boys were in bed, Rob and I just relaxed.  A great day.


2 comments:

  1. I secretly love how you mentioned that you didn't eat all the cake! Ha! We just had the triplets 3rd birthday and we always end up with 4 cakes. 3 individual cakes and 1 big cake for everyone. It's sweetness overload for a good week afterwards! Miss you, as always =) I've been ridiculously busy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get the busy thing and I only have 3 and no pets. It's hard to get everything done that needs doing let alone doing anything that I actually want to do, like blogging. Hope you are all okay x

      Delete

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails