Friday 4 May 2012

Black Eye

Busy, busy as always!  I actually have a social life now that Rob doesn't work away, which is great and I'm loving it.  This does mean that my evenings are tied up and I end up not being able to do any blogging.  I tend to go to bed quite late too and the kids are always up early.  Pretty tired most of the time at the moment but I just can't get myself to bed early as I feel like I'm giving up too much me time.

On Wednesday, Mum and I went to Ikea.  It was good fun really.  Mum talked me out of buying some shelving units for the play room then about 20 minutes before we needed to leave, decided to talk me back into buying them again.  Mad rush later, and it was all sorted, but I had a head ache.

Oscar was quite moody going around the shop.  I eventually got him to sleep but it didn't last long.  I soon worked out what the problem was when I got home as his promptly filled his nappy!  Poor thing only wanted to have a poo.

That evening I went to see Angela's house and to have some tea and biscuits her sisters, Lucy and Jaimie and mine too.


Oscar hasn't been quite right recently.  I think it is the MMR jab as he has had a slight rash, raised temperature and isn't eating that well.  He is also sleeping loads!  On Thursday he eventually woke up at 9:30am then went back to bed at 11am for 3 hours!  I just let him sleep as I knew he wasn't feeling well.


Because Oscar wasn't well and was sleeping a lot, we didn't go swimming this week but I wasn't worried about that as I knew we had Ashlee's swimming party coming up on Sunday.

I put Leo down for a nap too, which was a bad idea in hindsight, but I used the time to put the shelving units together.  I found it quite hard work really and managed to pull something in my back, which is still hurting now (10th May).

I was quite grumpy by the afternoon and was pleased to have stayed in my pyjamas all day.  I even picked Ellis up from school in them.  Leo and Oscar were in theirs too! HAHA!  No one noticed and I wouldn't care if they did.  I just wanted to stay comfy so I stuck my wellies and coat on and went over.  Not that bad really, is it?

I didn't take Ellis to football as I didn't think it would be on and we didn't go to Nanny's either as our day has changed to Tuesday so we all just chilled out at home.

That evening Rob was away seeing friends and I had invited my Mummy lot over but only Charlotte could make it.  I managed to get all the boys in bed at a reasonable time, to clear up in 20 minutes (I have no idea how I did that!), ordered Chinese and got the kettle on.  Charlotte arrived at 7:33pm as planned, 3 minutes after the food arrived, and not long after, Leo woke up for his first wee.

I was up and down the stairs like a yo-yo!  It was ridiculous.  The boys are never THAT much trouble but they chose the night I had a friend over for food to kick off.  Oscar was not a happy bunny and I couldn't work out why.  I thought it was wind but I eventually gave him a bottle at about 9:30pm and he went off to sleep by 10pm.  If only I had thought of that sooner!

Leo was on and off the toilet and then eventually he filled up his pull up which then overflowed and got the bed soaked!  So I had to change him and his bed too.  Crazy timing!

I did, however, manage to have a lovely evening chatting in between running up and down the stairs and apologising to Charlotte.

Oscar obviously slept in the following morning!



After dropping Leo off at preschool on the Friday morning, I stayed behind to have a look at his learning diary.  I looked at the whole thing with a great big grin on my face.  He is doing so well and I couldn't be more proud.  Here are some pictures I took from the book.  You might not be able to see them.  One of the pictures is of Leo shaking hands with the tarantula!






Feeling rather drained from the last couple of days of a grumpy Oscar and Leo weeing every 3 seconds that I tried not to do too much.  That lasted for about 30 minutes.  Oscar was fed up and as soon as I sat down he would moan at me so I actually ended up doing loads and finished off the playroom.

Before...



...after.





For some reason I did 2 videos!



I picked Leo up and helped Sophie get all the kids home that she looks after as well as her own, and went straight back to pick Ellis up.

Leo wanted to take his buggy with him to pick Ellis up and I thought it was quite a nice idea.



Not long after getting Ellis I noticed that he had a dark area around one eye. On closer inspection, I realised that he had a black eye!  He said a boy at lunchtime hit him with his head, by accident. He was very brave.


Uncle Dave came over to watch Leo and Oscar for me so that I could take Ellis to his swimming lesson.  He is doing so well!  He spends most of his time with his face in the water now.  It's all happened so quickly.  I'm very proud of him and I love watching him practicing.

After swimming I took him to the local shop where he tried out his bike again and picked out a fancy dress costume for Alfie's birthday party the next day.  He is going as a red Power Ranger but he doesn't even know what that is!

I was supposed to be going out in the evening, but it got changed a couple of times and then eventually cancelled.  I was so tired I didn't complain and was quite happy to sit at home.  Still didn't get an early night though.  Silly me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails