Thursday 10 May 2012

Chilaxing

Do you like my new blog template?  Sorry if you don't but I needed a change.  I've wanted to change it for a while now but when I showed Rob ideas, he didn't like them so I didn't bother.  Ideally I would like to use Wordpress as they seem to have really good templates but it would mean learning how to use it all and I just don't have the time for that.  If someone could show me, that would be ace!  I may try Youtube or something.

Bank holiday Monday was a shattered Mummy and Daddy day at home.  I got up before 7 with the boys, after only going to sleep at about 4am!  Rob managed to come downstairs just before 12:30pm and then proceeded to nap further on the sofa.

I had planned to take the boys to a country show but it was raining and I was just too tired to put all the effort in for it.  Hopefully go next year and it should be much easier with a walking Oscar.

We did have a very quick visit from Charlotte and Faith which was nice.  Charlotte had a cuppa and Faith had a little play in the play room.

I put the boys in the bath a little bit early and they were all tucked up in bed just before 7.  I should have just gone straight to bed but instead I vegged out in front of the TV for a couple of hours before going to bed myself.  I will never learn!

I tried to attend the coffee morning at the school, with Leo and Oscar in tow but it wasn't the best thing in the world.  Oscar was okay to start with but soon got bored of his snacks and was just shrieking at the top of his voice.  Leo was talking loudly and stuff so it didn't really work.

Saskia came over in the afternoon and Leo and Oscar were tired from the gym class so they had a nap and I actually got to have a chat with my friend.

As we are going to Mum's house on Thursday (hair appointment) we didn't go on the new Tuesday slot so we spent our afternoon playing, painting and chilling out.





In the evening I met up with Lucy and a couple of her friends for some food and a chat.  I had a really nice time and it was good to see some different people and to talk about some different stuff.  Hopefully do it again soon.

On Wednesday I felt totally exhausted.  I seem to go along on a mission for a while, being super organised, clean and tidy and then I must tire myself out and I struggle to do the basics!  It takes a while to build up again too and the high never lasts as long as the low.  I know I should get more sleep and that would certainly help but I also need me time to unwind.

Thursday I was supposed to take the boys swimming but Nicky, our cleaner, couldn't make it so I had to stay in to wait for Leo's birthday present, a 12ft trampoline.  I'm so excited for him, he is going to LOVE it!  Rob has arranged for his brother to come over and help set it up the night before.  I just hope the weather is good.

The boys napped and after picking Ellis up we went to my Mum's for their hair cuts.  For some reason Ellis was totally shattered and tried to go to sleep on a few occasions.  He hasn't done that for a long time so either he isn't sleeping well or school is just hard work at the moment.











We always arrive home a little late when we have been to Nanny and Grandad's house, but it didn't take them long to settle down and go to sleep.  They were totally shattered and Ellis was nearly falling asleep in the car on the way home, which is so unlike him.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails