Sunday 13 May 2012

Family Of 5 Bike Ride

It's been totally crazy here at the moment, hence why I haven't kept up with my blogging yet again!  I've tried to at least type out some notes for myself each day but even that has been a struggle.

So, going back to Friday 11th May, I dropped Leo off at preschool and went to visit Nicky.  I met her in my active birthing group with Leo and we all managed to stay in touch for the first year but soon after everyone started going back to work etc and we just couldn't find the time for everyone to meet.  It was really nice to catch up and I had a lovely time.  I really didn't stay long though as I had so much to do back at home and I needed some lunch.



I had no help for the swimming lesson so had to take all 3 with me which wasn't too bad.  Ellis did really, really well again.  I just can't believe how quickly he has progressed with his swimming.  It's amazing.

We had to rush back as we were due to go to a part at Ellis' school.  I got home and got everyone changed, doing Leo while he was asleep on the sofa.  Rob came home early from work and I then sent him and Ellis over to the school to get a seat, only for them to come back 2 minutes later saying it started in half an hour, oops!

Leo really didn't want to wake up and didn't wake up properly for a long time, and Oscar was really clingy so I spent the whole evening with either Leo or Oscar in my arms.  It was hot hard work and I missed being able to spend time with Ellis.

The disco went well though and everyone had fun.

It was quite hard putting the boys to bed. It was gone 9pm but Ellis and Leo were still buzzing and Oscar, who had fallen asleep for about 30 seconds at the disco, just didn't want to go to bed.

Ellis came home from school with his first school photo.  I was actually a bit disappointed as it was an arty face picture and not just a picture of him sitting, showing his school uniform.  I later found out that they had a few complaints about them.


Saturday morning was Rob's early shift which started at 7:30! How lucky is he! An hour later he brought me up some food and drink, which is lush but I really do just want to sleep for my lie in and have the food when I come downstairs.

Leo then comes in a couple of times to see me, Lucy sent me a text and my Mum phoned so I didn't really get a lie in, other than actually being in bed.

I got up and Rob went back to bed and I just sat with the boys trying to relax.

Later on Rob took Ellis to his second ever private swimming lesson.  Soon after the lesson started Rob sent me a text saying he was doing amazing.  Shortly after it had finished the teacher text me to say that he swam 5 metres on his front and that he has to move up to Stage 2!  So excited, after 2 years of watching him bob up and down, not liking water on his face to this is just brilliant!

They stayed for a play in the park after and Rob Skyped me so that I could chat to Ellis about his fantastic swimming.  I love doing that.

I promised to take Leo to the park so we waited for Ellis to get back (as Leo always wants him with us) and then I took all 3.

They had a lovely time.  Ellis found a couple of friends from school and he played really well with them and Leo joined in nicely too.  Oscar just loves being on the swings.




Rob had been cutting the grass and sorting out the bikes for our upcoming holiday.  We have borrowed a seat for Oscar and a bar to connect Rob's bike to a smaller bike for Ellis (which we hadn't used yet).


I bathed and put the boys to bed and then Uncle Dave came over and we had some Chinese food, yum yum.

I was up late trying to sort out some blogging and watching some stuff on my PC.

Sunday was the day of our first bike ride as a family of 5.  It went surprisingly well and we did a 10 mile ride in just over an hour and a half.




We had to change things around a bit half way because Oscar was attacking Ellis in the double buggy and then he was sick too so Ellis wanted him moved, plus Leo was leaning on me trying to go to sleep so I thought if he went in the buggy he could have a nap, which he didn't.  The main problem was that we didn't have a helment for Oscar.  We had a set point that we stopped for a snack and close by was a cycle shop.  I walked down, carrying Oscar, only to find it shut!  Not impressed.

Here are the photos and one video I did on the ride.






I love how Leo and Oscar are touching each other, so cute!











Back at home the kids played in the garden and I cooked them all some dinner.

Oscar took more steps! At last he started to make a little bit of progress. I didn't manage to capture any of it though which is a shame.

I went to yoga and had a brilliant work out as there was just 2 of us at the class so we worked hard.

Rob bathed and put the boys to bed again and he said it went really well which is brilliant to know.

Hopefully we can all go out on more bike rides now, if the weather behaves!

The boys were totally shattered and went to see very quickly.  Leo was so tired that even when he fell out of bed, he just kept on sleeping.  Bless him!



Totally zonked, as am I.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails