Sunday 6 May 2012

Birthday Parties

Saturday morning was my lie in day and Rob kindly brought me up some bacon rolls and a cuppa at 9:30.  I got up short after and eventually got the boys ready for the party.  Ellis didn't like his costume to start with but as soon as he was given the sword, he was much happier.  Leo on the other hand loved it all.  He looked so cute!



The party was in a hall on our road so we walked down and arrived just as the music was getting started.  They played games, ate some food, ran around, had play fights, danced a little and ate lots of sweets.














At bath time I grabbed the camera as they were all sat in a row and I thought it would make a great picture, but I was too late.  I did manage to get these though and I love them!




























Once they were all tucked up in bed I went to Sophie's house for a takeaway and a chat.  Lush.

I did the early shift the following day and I took Ellis to his tennis lesson and I sat and watched.  I wasn't that impressed actually as he was pretty much left to do what he wanted.  He was supposed to try and bounce the ball on his racket but he just wacked it, chased it, wacked it again etc.  No skill training really.  I'm going to take him again next week and see if it's any different.


Straight back home and changed for another party.  This time a swimming party.  Rob went back to bed while I got everything and everyone ready, including loading the car.  He got up and dressed and straight in the car!

The swimming party was excellent and we all really enjoyed it.  Leo was off floating around not nervous, Oscar had a permanent grin and Ellis was just constantly practicing his new skill of going under the water.  It was ace!

We had a ball fight at one point with my sister and Chloe.  It was quite funny and I got hit with a really good shot on the side of my face.  Ellis got hit too and I was expecting him to be unhappy about it but he was as cool as a cucumber.

Usually going swimming is quite stressful.  The stressful bit is the changing room.  I try to make it as easy as possible.  I give Rob his own bag so he can sort himself out, I try to keep everything in neat piles and I generally have an order as to who gets ready/changed first.  With Rob there that can get a bit mixed up as he helps to undress them, sometimes when I'm already undressing one etc and it gets a bit chaotic.  This time however it wasn't too bad.  I think it helps that they are all getting older and can help us out a bit too.

We stayed behind for a while after to have some cake, sing Happy Birthday, feed the kids and to let them have a play in the park area.









Ellis wanted to show Daddy his bike he wants for his birthday so we popped over to the shop so he could have a look.

We then went straight up to my Mum and Dad's house to borrow some things for our bikes.  We are going on holiday soon and we wanted to take our bikes with us but we are trying to sort out what we actually need to take.  We now have options though.  We have a single trolley, a double trolley, a bar to connect a child's bike to an adult bike and a seat on the back of a bike.

We came home and Rob went out to sort out something on my car and I sorted out the boys dinner and bed stuff so that I could go to yoga with them all sorted, ready for Rob to just put them to bed.  It was chaotic to say the least, but I got it done and managed to leave on time.

There was only 2 of us at the yoga session but it was really good as we managed to get a lot done, and Vivien practiced too.

I got home and Rob and I sat up chatting about stuff into the wee hours and I knew I would pay for it for the next few days.  I just hoped I didn't take it out the boys too much.  I'm not good when tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails