Thursday 14 August 2008

Measles!

Daddy came home very late on Tuesday night so in the morning, Mummy decided to make some pancakes to try and give him some energy for the day.



Mummy was pulling her hair out after being stuck in the house since Friday, so Nanny Rennolds and Cousin Chloe came over for a visit which was really nice.

Mummy still wanted to get out of the house so it was decided that we would take a walk down to the shops to pick up some bits for lunch. The only problem was, it was raining, a lot.







Mummy didn't care so we all had our waterproofs on and made it to the shops and back again, without getting wet! We were really lucky and missed 2 down pours as we were in the shops at the time.

Chloe got some new jeans, jumper and coat and I got some jarred baby food. The reason for this is, I am struggling to eat lumps at the moment so Mummy thought the jarred food is just a load of sludge anyway, so should be easy to swallow.

We all sat at the table to eat our lunch, including Chloe. I didn't do too well as the sludge came straight back up.

Mummy put me to bed shortly after but by the time Nanny and Chloe left at 2pm I was awake again.

Mummy and I spent the afternoon messing around.

Thursday morning, I had a rash over most of my body. Mummy called the doctors and we went down for a 11:30 appointment. At 12pm we were called in to see the doctor. The doctor checked me over, listened to my chest and then said that he needed to get a second opinion as he thought I might have measles. A male nurse checked me too and said that it didn't look like measles and that Mummy was doing a good job taking care of me. I have a virus that should pass in time. If I get worse, we will have to go back. This is bad news for Mummy as we are now confined to the house until further notice.

Mummy put my box of books in the living room for me to play with. I love my books so much that I just want to inwardly digest them!







Mummy struggled to keep me entertained for the rest of the day and I still wasn't eating particularly well, which can be quite frustrating for Mummy.

I had a bath and a bottle for my feed and then went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails