Wednesday 26 October 2011

New Tricks

Half term week has been going pretty well, up until today that is.



To start off the week we had a lovely visit from Saskia, Aiden and baby Keira, which strangely enough, doesn't make me feel broody. They stayed until I pretty much kicked them out so that I could meet with Nanny Rennolds and Auntie Katie at Costco. I felt really bad about it but Saskia said I was being silly.



Ellis is doing really well with his dancing. He is practicing all the time at home, and I constantly have "The Witch Doctor" going through my head. Leo tries to join in and it's very cute watching them together. I will try and get some on video.

Leo hasn't been very well this week so I couldn't decide if we should go to the zoo or not, but after giving it some thought, and watching him bomb about the place, I thought I would just see how he was.

On the way there he asked to go home, then said he wanted to see animals, before saying he wanted to go home again. He ended up saying he wanted to see animals so I carried on.

The car park was full so we had to park down some streets, a little walk away. I loaded up the buggy, changed Oscar's nappy and made it to the zoo not long after Nanny Rennolds and Auntie Katie and her gang.





We had a fab day, seeing pretty much every animal, had lunch, played in the water, fed the parakeets, Chloe did the aerial walk, which upset Kamron as he really wanted to do it too. He isn't tall enough though. They had tattoos put on and ran around and around.


























We managed to lose Leo at one point. He said he wanted to go with Kamron who was stood with Nanny and Auntie Katie so I said that was fine and he walked around towards them. Ellis wanted some food so I was messing around with the cool bags and when I looked up again, Leo was gone. Mum and Kate hadn't even seen him so of course we all worried. We checked everywhere. We were stood right by the park so I just thought he had wondered off into there. Nope. A short panic later, he was found a few metres away down a path.

After that Mum and I needed a sit down, so we had tea and just chilled out. Leo was now strapped into the buggy and eventually fell asleep next to Oscar.


Oscar was an Angel all day. Not a peep from him. What a good baby! Even tonight I just put him up to bed and he went off all on his own, no fuss. I can't even remember how horrendous it was! Of course I can, but I can't believe how far we have come. Rob doesn't remember it being that bad.

Oscar did a new trick today, he got up from his belly to a sitting position. Will try and get that on video tomorrow too. Growing up way too fast.



I was looking at all 3 of them lined up in the bath tonight, and just totally amazed that I did that. I made them humans sat there grinning at me. What better job in the world could there be? None.

Today was a "couldn't get motivated" day. My friend text me about messy play this morning but nobody was dressed and Oscar was asleep and I was still slouched on the sofa not wanting to move. I struggled to get up to make breakfast for everyone so to rush around getting everything sorted was just too much for me today.

Ellis did some painting while Leo napped, as I just couldn't face cleaning up that mess, and I pottered about a bit.



The nap times don't seem to be working out the same any more. Oscar pretty much goes back to bed by 9am and Leo doesn't go up until about 10:45am, which is pretty much when Oscar wakes back up. It doesn't really matter, it just means I can't get a few things done with out disruption.

This afternoon Sharon, Ellis and Tom came over to see us which was really nice as we haven't seen them in a while. Tom and Leo are really cute together and play really nicely and Ellis just played with the toys. My Ellis was on the computer for a bit and was a little too excited, running up and down shouting, so I let him use the PC.

Heavy rain forecast tomorrow and we are supposed to be going to Sophie's house to meet with the active birthing group. With Leo being off colour though I may give it a miss. I will see how he is in the morning.

Off for shower and bed now. The evenings feel so short, and I struggle to keep my eyes open past 10pm. I'm certainly getting old!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails