Monday 17 October 2011

Sicky Bug x 2

The day started so well, we hadn't had too bad a night. I went into Leo once at 4am, and Rob went in at 6am to put him on the toilet. Oscar fed once around 4am, probably because Leo woke him up and then they were all awake at 6am. I really should be getting up with them at that time but we try and drag it out until 7am.





I did the morning shift but Rob was up by 8:30am anyway to take the car to the garage to have some work done on it.



Once he got home we had some lovely family time. We played the shopping game, and read books, had a play fight and then Rob sat with Ellis to do some cutting and sticking and stuff from a magazine. They were doing that for ages which was great.


Rob popped out in the afternoon for a bit so the boys just chilled out with Mummy.



Eventually he came back and it wasn't long before he had to go and pick the car up again. On his way he bought a new duvet for Ellis and I must admit, I've thought about stealing it already. It is lovely. It is an all seasons one which should work great for him as he is so hot. We can either have 9 tog, 4 tog or 13 tog. They just popper together. I really want new bedding and I don't know why I'm not just ordering it.


Late afternoon, early evening I had a bad tummy. It didn't feel good and I wasn't hungry either. At bath time I noticed that Leo was showing similar symptoms to me so I prepped his bed with a towel, removed all unnecessary bedding and got all spare bedding and pyjamas out ready. Thankfully, while I was on the toilet being ill, 5 minutes later, Leo could be heard being sick. Rob got there first and I made it in to sit him up with a bowl. Loads of sick! Rob ran a shallow bath and I was soon back on the loo. Rob sorted out the bedroom and I managed to bath Leo between toilet visits. I hadn't been sick at this point. I got Leo nice and clean but he was really shaking so Rob took him downstairs to chill, while I got back on the loo. Shortly after it was my turn to be sick. Nice.

During a lull I went down to get Leo dressed and dried his hair. We then both sat cuddling, sharing a sick bowl, covered with a towel.


I soon headed back to the loo to be sick again, and I could hear Leo downstairs doing the same. I then fell asleep on the bathroom floor and Rob brought Leo up to bed. 2 seconds after he was put down he was sick again but only a very little amount. I stayed on the floor for a little bit longer but as soon as I moved to go to bed, I was sick again! This time I was making so much noise as there was nothing left to come up, and I could feel Rob laughing. He later apologised but I can see how it would be funny. Not at the time though.

I finally got to bed but had to feed Oscar with Rob sat by me with the bowl ready. I got him back to bed and tried to go to sleep. I was so cold and shivery though so it took a while.

Leo was fine during the night too, and Rob got up with the boys in the morning, but not for long and was soon saying he needed to be ill. He ended up just going to bed and I stayed up with boys. I felt tired, weak, achy, had a headache and just generally run down. I sipped water and ate bananas and bread and butter. Sort of like a hangover cure but without the fun the night before.

Leo was full of beans which was great to see.


Rob stayed in bed for most of the day and I knew Leo and I couldn't go out so we just chilled playing puzzles, cars, catching, watching TV etc and I arranged for Uncle Dave to come over to take Ellis out. Ellis hadn't been out since Thursday so knew another day in for him would be horrid.


Uncle Dave arrived just before I put Leo up for a nap so I got him to stay in his car so that I could post Ellis out to him without Leo knowing about it as he would be sad. I tucked a bag over Ellis' arm, gave him a drink and basically whispered to him to wait on the drive for Uncle Dave to get him. I was so worried about hiding it all from Leo that I forgot to say goodbye! Once Leo was in bed I phoned him to say that I would miss him, and to check that Uncle Dave had fitted the car seat properly ;o)

I managed to watch some TV while Leo, Oscar and Rob were all napping. It was quite a nice quiet time.



I spoke to Ellis a couple of times and he was having a lovely time. He went to the airport to watch planes, which he always loves, went to see Nanny and Grandad George, had lunch and went to the park! Lucky boy.

He came home shattered and just watched TV or played on my PC for the rest of the day.

We bathed the boys and got them in bed by 7pm but I knew Leo would play up as he had such a long nap (3 hours!). They eventually went off.

Oscar woke at his usual 10:30pm time but I left him and it only took him 2 minutes to go back off.

Rob and I laid on the sofa watching Cold Feet which we did about 14 years ago.

I was organised for school run day but Rob decided to work from home so there wasn't too much pressure to get everyone ready. Leo stayed in his pyjamas in fact and Oscar went back to bed.



It was raining as we ran across the road which was a shame as the weather was so nice over the weekend and I'd been stuck in.


It was nice having Rob home and he really helped me out with the boys, just watching them for me so I could sort washing and stuff, without having to check back in every couple of seconds.



I managed to get lots of stuff photographed for selling today. All my maternity clothes, nursing pillow, birthing ball, blankets, kids clothes etc. I'm quite sad about the whole thing but if we ever did decide to have more, it will be nice to have new especially as it has been used for 3 babies now.

At one point today, Leo was playing too closely to Oscar. He generally does this but this time, Oscar grabbed a bit of his hair and wouldn't let go and kept tugging. By the time I got there, Oscar had a huge clump in his hand! I couldn't believe it. Leo has really thin whispy hair as it is, he doesn't need his brother pulling it out too! Poor Leo, but he will never learn.

I picked Ellis up, taking all 3 boys with me, and once home it's a mad rush to get them fed, changed and in the car for Ellis' dance lesson. Luckily and thankfully, Rob agreed to keep Leo at home with him which really eased the work load and stress.

Ellis got his own t-shirt at dancing, with his name on it. He was so chuffed with it and obviously loved his dancing.

I did a quick shop, then went to Costa Coffee for a tea and to feed Oscar but he just wasn't interested, so I gave up. Maybe he is coming down with something or just didn't fancy it. He was having lots of fun giving everyone smiles and banging on the table.


We picked Ellis up and on the way back to the car he was pointing out numbers on the houses and telling me what they were, 8,9 etc then turning the corner there was a bus and he said "and that's the number eighty six bus Mummy". I did my astonished face and fell on the floor acting so surprised, but I wasn't acting, I was surprised! So proud of how well he is doing. He is reading 4 letter words quite easily and just seems to want to learn all the time. I constantly catch him counting and doing the phonic sounds. It's great but I also wish he could just switch off.

Bath time as soon as we got in, which I did, followed by story time.


I'm enjoying doing my blog entries on the day and the content is better but so much more! Lots of reading and probably not enough pictures and videos. Oh well, only so much one very tired Mummy can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails