Friday 21 October 2011

Cake Sale


I've really been worrying about Ellis' report and giving him a hard time about it too. I need to back off and relax a bit more I know but it's hard. I'm sure it will all work out fine. Just another phase!

I was so worried about it that I spoke to his teacher after school and she told me not to worry and that it will all get sorted out. Starting afresh after the half term break. I don't think that will make one bit of difference, but fingers crossed.

After school activities are making life a little manic at the moment, and I'm pretty sure it will only get worse, not better. Ellis has hip hop dancing twice a week now and swimming lessons on Friday. I really struggled to get him to his 2nd dance lesson this week as he just cried saying he didn't want to go. I made him go though and he had a fantastic time and the teacher asked if he had been practicing as he had really improved. I said he probably had in his head.

At Leo's pre-school this week they had the photographer in and you can take siblings in for pictures too. I wasn't going to bother but then reconsidered as thought it might be nice to have just Leo and Oscar together. It was a bit hectic though as Oscar was way past needing his nap and Leo was just too excited. I hope she got one, or two, but I have to wait and see.



When I was waiting for Ellis to finish his dance lesson, I took the other 2 to Sainsbury's to do some food shopping but I ended up not leaving enough time to get them a proper dinner so Leo had to make do with a few bits. Not very successful I must add.

On my way out I spotted an old teacher of mine, Mr Wilcox. I really remember him as he was kind, but stern, caring, helpful and just a lovely person. He remembered me too which was really nice. We had a quick, lip reading, chat over another customer and the tannoy above our heads and then I had to make a quick exit to pick Ellis up. I really wished I could have spoken to him longer. He still works at my old school so maybe I could arrange it.

The last couple of weeks, I've really noticed that Leo and I have become closer. He really craves my attention and when Ellis is home and I'm trying to do spelling and stuff with him, Leo grabs my hand and tries to pull me away. It is really sweet but I feel for Ellis as he has been out all day and just wants 5 minutes with Mummy.

Leo and his buddy Ted, chilling together.


Leo and I spend our time together doing puzzles, which he loves doing, we watch a couple of programs together snuggled on the sofa and we read books. He really is quite calm when on his own and I'm loving our one on one time together. He is quite the opposite when there is someone else watching. I constantly get comments about what a hand full he is, constantly on the go, can't sit still for one second. He is the same when he is supposed to be sleeping. We can see him on the webcam we have in their room and he constantly tosses and turns in his sleep, not very restful sleep. He wakes every night too, either bad dreams, scared or needing a wee. It's exhausting. Speak of the devil, he is crying now as I type this. It's a bit unfair on Ellis really, even though he seems to sleep through it, it does disturb him and he has asked for Leo to move out already. Not much we can do though.

Oscar is doing well. He is still practicing his crawling and has done about 3 shuffles in a row, before face planting on the rug. It's so cute and he is so happy to be messing around on the floor, pulling my plant over, the scooters, the fire, and trying to make a quick exit to the kitchen. I have started to block him in though by using the pouffe.

Dinner time at Mum's this weeks was chaotic to say the least. I'm trying to get Ellis to try new food, so we had lamb hotpot, which was delicious by the way. It took me a long time to get him to have one spoonful but he did like it, and ate some more. I had to bribe him with diet coke and stuff but he ate it which is the main thing. Leo was constantly screaming, banging and not eating his food and Oscar was getting rather impatient. I can switch off from it but I think Mum and Dad aren't used to the noise.


I thought bath time would be hard but I it was actually quite good fun. Dad helped out too, getting Oscar dressed.

Friday they had a cake sale at the school. Mum and Chloe came over and we were all going to go together but Oscar needed a nap and Leo didn't want to go out, now that the iPad had arrived, so Mum kindly agreed to stay home with the boys and I took Chloe to the school. She took the boys toy buggy and baby with her which was really cute and we sat with a tea and cake each. A couple of people commented on her being mine but I soon put them straight. Not that I wouldn't want her to be mine.


We picked Ellis up and then Chloe and Nanny went home and I took the boys to Ellis' swimming lesson. Again he didn't want to go but I managed to watch him this week and he did quite well. I could tell he had missed a week as his confidence wasn't as good but he still did well. Leo was quite good too. He sat, well, jumped up and down, and ate some bits from his lunch box. Oscar barely touched the packet food.

That evening I went out to Naomi's house for a takeaway with my mummy friends. Sarah kindly picked me up so I could have a few lagers, which I did, and I had a great time. I talked too much I'm sure and I definitely ate too much. It was a bit disturbed though as Oscar woke up and Rob kept messaging and ringing me to find out what to do and he eventually asked me to come home. A little frustrating as there wasn't anything wrong. I came home, held him while I told Rob how it went, then put him to bed when I went to bed. He went straight off to sleep. Not blaming Rob as it must be hard to know what to do. I can imagine what I would be like, even now, looking after someone else's baby I wouldn't know what to do if it was crying.

Don't know if you've noticed but I've written this entry very differently to how I normally write. I quite like writing it this way but I wonder how the pictures and videos will fit in. I think this will be the way forward as it makes doing an entry a lot quicker, and maybe it's better content too. I'm still playing with this blog and working out the way forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails