Tuesday 11 October 2011

First Kiss

What a day! It was hectic, hard, tiring, fun, exhausting, chaotic, crazy and brilliant.

It started out quite busy as I have slacked off recently with being organised the night before so it is taking me longer to get ready in the mornings and Ellis is starting school 10 minutes earlier now so it really is a mad rush. I'm going to do something about that though. Going to get stuff out ready, clothes, breakfast stuff, school stuff and packed lunches.

We dropped him off then came home and got in the car to go to Leo's gym class. He had a wicked time and Oscar had fun too, playing with another baby that is 2 months older than him.

Then straight from there we went to Naomi, Harri and Iestyn's house for tea and cakes. It was the first meet up of my Mummy friends with babies. We are planning to meet regularly and rotate between peoples houses again like we used to when we only had our 1st borns. Should be fun.

Oscar slept in his new car seat for a while and then had a small milk feed. Leo was really good and enjoyed the novelty of new toys and was actually quite well behaved. We stayed for just over an hour which I think was short and sweet.

Straight home for lunch, and put Leo down for a nap, followed shortly by Oscar and then I had 45 minutes to tidy up, sort some washing and get myself ready for a doctors appointment.

While we were waiting for Sophie and Ted to come over, Oscar was sat playing with the doll and I said "kiss" to him and he kissed the baby! His first kiss. Bless him. I got the video out and tried to record it but he just ate it instead.


Sophie and Ted came over to take care of Leo for me and I took Oscar to see the health visitor. He weighed in at 20lbs 1/2 an ounce. She said he appears to be doing well and to keep up all the good work. They are always surprised to hear that I am still breastfeeding, not sure why that is.


I had my appointment then went home to find Sophie just walking back from picking Maggie up from preschool. She was pushing the double buggy with Leo and Ted in it, which I know would be very heavy. It was so funny to watch and I wish I had got it on video.

Sophie stayed for a cuppa and I picked Ellis up from school. He said he had a better day today as yesterday he said it was boring. In his diary the teacher had wrote "Wow! You are so clever Ellis! Ellis knew his sounds today and could blend the sounds to make the words - sat, tap, pat! Well done Ellis" and she had drawn a smiley face. So proud of him!

Ellis sat on the PC the rest of the afternoon playing Alphablocks which will really help him at school.

My Mum popped over to say hi and ended up staying for a while and helping me out. She did all my ironing and some dishes and helped out with the boys. It was nice to see her and I'm very thankful for her help.


I didn't bother bathing the boys tonight as I'm just feeling so tired and drained at the moment. I even feel like I'm fizzing! Can't really explain it but I'm in need of some good, undisturbed sleep, and soon.

Oscar keeps waking at 10:30pm! He is screaming now but I'm waiting to see if he will go back off on his own. I think I need to put him in his own room now really, but still struggling with it.

15 minutes later and he is quiet again. Fingers crossed he won't wake until 5/6am.

I'm off to bed now anyway. I've got most things organised for tomorrow so hopefully if I get up before 7, then things will run smoother.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails